Better Connection

WiiZero

Game Wiizard
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
5435-9829-5121-8955
So with online not too far away and me possibly getting another nex-gen I need a better connection and I am currently not paying for wireless and don't want to so how should I set this up

what wireless router are you currently using? how far away from the router?is it going through multiple floors? what is your current signal now?

You don't want wireless? Thats your personal opinion and I respect that but I think wireless is the best way forward for the Wii online experience.

Byuakuya said:
You don't want wireless? Thats your personal opinion and I respect that but I think wireless is the best way forward for the Wii online experience.

he said he doesnt want to pay for it, so if im understanding right he doesnt want to get one from his ISP?

Alright so I'm a bit younger and not familiar with all this so if there is a way to get wireless with just a single down-payment that would be okay but I don't want to use a monthly subscription so I don''t think you can do that

I have no wireless router and my connection is really weak it's only on like 50% of the time

WiiZero said:
Alright so I'm a bit younger and not familiar with all this so if there is a way to get wireless with just a single down-payment that would be okay but I don't want to use a monthly subscription so I don''t think you can do that

I have no wireless router and my connection is really weak it's only on like 50% of the time
All you have to do to get wireless is buy a wireless router. You don't need to pay your ISP anything.

you can pay a monthly fee if you get a router from your ISP, but youre much better off just buying a wireless router.

So what else would I need other than the router and that would work for the 360 too right oh and can I get a recommendation on which one to buy

I suggest you try to find a router which supports the HyperWRT/Thibor firmware. It is an open source project that is updated by the users to support anything you could ever want. The speed is great and the configuration options are more than any other router on the market. It also doesnt crash after large torrent downloads like most other routers do.

If you could find a used WRT54G version 1-4 on Ebay that would probably be the cheapest way.

Read this page for some information http://www.thibor.co.uk/
Here is the support forum for mentioned firmware http://www.linksysinfo.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135

One awesome feature is that you can adjust the transmitter power to DOUBLE the stock amount! I used one of these for years to connect my PS2 and Tivo to a neighbors wireless network down the street :)

I would definitely recommend a linksys router, the wrt54g as mentioned above can be had in store usually for around 50 bucks. its a good basic router. as far as the 360 goes you'll need the wireless receiver, but other than that just the router and an internet connection.

So that's going to cost me 150 some dollars right

Okay could someone just list everything I'll need to connect a Wii and 360 to a quick online

Back