Biggest Letdown and Favorite Thing about the Wii

First of all, yes, vagrant's comebacks are awesome...

Favorite: The controller and the nostalgic downloads
Least Fav: Lack of downloads and no online games,

Biggest Let down: UK launch date! I've been off work for 4 weeks (signed off for being ill) and I could of being playing Zelda! But instead it comes out 3 days before I am due to return to work.

Biggest Fav. Actualy getting one on the UK launch and knowing that I won't have to queue for hours

Letdown: I wish there was some type of IM service on it, instead of the message board.

Favorite: I. LOVE. ZELDA.

my favorite thing about the wii is how excited it makes me about games again. my PS2 was covered in dust, I hadn't played it for well over a year for more than ten or 15 minutes of megaman here & there. hooking up my wii reminded me of my pops hooking up my NES way back in 86.
My least favorite thing is the lack of toejam and earl up to this point. I thought all of those VC games would have been out by now. I really don't mind waiting until saturday when it will likely be out, but I wish I could play it now. No major complaints at all.

You'll definitely have IM service when the browser comes out via e-buddy, msn2go etc... that's assuming nintendo doesn't include some sort of IM program along with it, and I bet they will. If not immediately, eventually.

Oh another plus is how it fits into my decor... along with my macs and ipods

Let me rephrase.

What I meant was that my biggest let down was, letting myself read all the unecessarilly negative comments about the Wii. It kind of ruined the expereince of the launch reading all the ignorant people complain about the Wii. As if there wasn't any information regarding it prior to you buying it.

MY biggest is longevity of the Wii... I really wish that nintendo included a harddrive. You have the PS3 and the 360 built for the future. I feel the Wii has serious limitations with such small internal space....

unless they release a ad on hd similar to the 360's hd-dvd drive???

vagrant said:
Biggest Letdown: Actually allowing myself to go to a Wii forum after it launched when knowing it would be filled with ignorant people who will make dozens of posts regarding "problems" with there wii which are really just due to there inability to problem solve and read manuals.
Dude start your own forum and speak to yourself all day if thats how you feel. Some people are not technologically minded and need help. It might seem stupid to you and I, but thats the way it is. People use forums to communicate ideas, chat, and ask for help/info? what did you expect?

My biggest letdown is that the uk launch is too far away!

Last edited:
BrandonMcAuslan said:
Dude start your own forum and speak to yourself all day if thats how you feel. Some people are not technologically minded and need help. It might seem stupid to you and I, but thats the way it is. People use forums to communicate ideas, chat, and ask for help/info? what did you expect?

My biggest letdown is that the uk launch is too far away!

So you feel its necessary for people to not read the manual, and post threads asking about error codes, when nintendo tells you to specifically go to there website, and type the error code in? You don't have to be technologically minded to use common sense.

And I gurantee if you do some digging, you will see that I have helped more people on this forum with problems than you are likely to ever. So point not taken.

vagrant said:
Biggest Letdown: Actually allowing myself to go to a Wii forum after it launched when knowing it would be filled with ignorant people who will make dozens of posts regarding "problems" with there wii which are really just due to there inability to problem solve and read manuals.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Oh, and nowhere did I see you call anybody stupid, vagrant. I'd watch my back if I were you. If folks keep stuffing words in your mouth, you might find yourself cooked up and served in place of a Christmas Turkey.:scared:

Last edited:
Inspire said:
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Oh, and nowhere did I see you call anybody stupid, vagrant. I'd watch my back if I were you. If folks keep stuffing words in your mouth, you might find yourself cooked up and served in place of a Christmas Turkey.:scared:

I'd taste hella good.

Its a goddamn internet forum. There are always going to be people posting questions that are;
1) Easy to answer if you apply common sense.
2) Answered elsewhere in the forum.
But sometimes its easier for people to post a new thread and get the exact help they require.?
Just ignore these people/threads if you don't like them and not go slagging people off. That post above reads as highly offensive. Lets all Chill out. ;)

Last edited:
r1000 said:
MY biggest is longevity of the Wii... I really wish that nintendo included a harddrive. You have the PS3 and the 360 built for the future. I feel the Wii has serious limitations with such small internal space....

unless they release a ad on hd similar to the 360's hd-dvd drive???
I would not be too concerned. Consider that theres usb ports for add-ons and SD slots.

It has a usb port that I'm sure can easily accomodate extra storage space if the need arises.

Favorite: Being able to play Wii Sports non-stop and still love it
Letdown: The fact that Red Steel really sucked a big one...I find it almost unplayable.

Back