Bizarre peripheral revealed

Rob Rymond

WiiChat Member
Jun 17, 2007
Solihull, U.K
[xFLOAT=left]http://www.wiichat.com/robry/classiccontroladdon.jpg[/xFLOAT]We've seen some pretty bizarre peripherals for the Wii since it launched. Anyone seen that Golf club and Tennis racket set in stores? Yes, we did as well and it's hideous and pointless! Nevertheless peripheral company Nyko have come up with an interesting device called the Classic Controller Grip which aids those lengthy retro-gaming sessions.

TN6660_wiithing.JPG

The company claims that the Classic Controller is annoying for gamers due to the fact it has to be plugged into the Wii remote while in use, which as a result can cause tangling of the wires.

So then, how do we fix this one? Well the Classic Controller Grip is a bracket that fits to the underside of the Classic Controller which will grip the Wii remote and wires to ensure it is all nice and tidy!

You can purchase this right now in stores for $14.99 (£7.50 in old money). But then really do you want to spend your pocket money on this plastic? No, didn't think so...

I'd personally just use the gamecube controller, I think the classic is pretty pointless, they could've just made loads of gamecube controllers and put on the box something like "ALSO USABLE ON Wii VIRTUAL CONSOLE."

Nyko does make some nice products (Wireless Sensor Bar, Battery charger), but these themed Wiimote holders, I don't know, maybe if it did something, but just a hunk of plastic? And they charge $10~$20 for these hunks of plastic? I can go outside to my wood pile and widdle a steering wheel, a golf club, or a tennis/badmitton raquet (<spelling?), and even for the time I would be spending doing it, it would be free, and the only difference is it would be made of wood rather than plastic, which I think I like better anyway, also, they can rethink the blue LED on the front of the Wii sensor bar, we do need a way to see if it is on or off, but the blue LED is just too bright when you are trying to play a game, I don't know what they were thinking, but they are going to suffer some pretty high losses from this

this really is pointless..so your wiimote hangs to the floor while your playing VC games... i dotn see the big deal?

Matt's_A_Bluebird said:
I'd personally just use the gamecube controller, I think the classic is pretty pointless, they could've just made loads of gamecube controllers and put on the box something like "ALSO USABLE ON Wii VIRTUAL CONSOLE."

To wit, they could just let users design their own wiimote/chuck control schemes for each system and let them use those on VC (I wouldn't having more customizability on retail games either).

I agree, the Classic is pretty pointless.

I'd really like to see a hoover attachment, that'd be something.

More useful.

Why try and bring the GameCube back? But, the GameCube controller had LOVELY HAND GROOVES to make groovy hand groove magic.

Am I the only person here who sees merit in the classic controller.
Am I the only person here who sees merit in this controller shell.
It seems so.

Back