Black lines flipping through my picture

porflat4

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2011
Lebanon,PA USA
I'm hoping someone can help me out with this problem. I've got black horizontal lines flashing across the screen when trying to play a game. Sometimes the lines are that bad the picture on the screen practically disappears. I tried the wii sports, speed, guitar hero. All with the same problem. I popped in the wii fit and it worked perfectly fine. Not a line in sight just a great clear picture. Is it a problem with the discs or the cable to my tv, or a problem inside my console??? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any info or help with this matter would be fantastic, it's really getting frustrating.:frown5:
Thank you in advance.

Did you recently update the Wii? I did and I've been getting vertical lines across my screen, not black though.

No I didn't update. I actually bought this used from an older woman (60ish) who bought it for the fit program but didn't use it and decided to sell the whole package. She claims it was only used a handful of times. I'm beginning to wonder though.

try holding the video cables in place while you have the problem if that doesnt work i would try another t.v

I tried the cables, not much luck. I tried my neighbor's cables as well, same thing. I'll try a different tv.
Thanks

Well, I tried another tv, works great. Hooked it back up to the original tv, works great. Go figure. Why ask why? As long as it works everyone is happy.

Back