Blind kid recieves the first Wii

spinecraft said:
dude, they gave him skates and he did fine
yea but he isnt crippled lol. the thing about the wii is, almost every game REQUIRES sight because of the new wiimote. now SSBB doesnt require sight because it isnt going to be usng the wiimote (nintendo said this themselves. they said to keep your GC controllers for it lol. they said it takes away from the gameplay using the wiimote and it was very hard to use or something like that)

Mitch2025 said:
yea but he isnt crippled lol. the thing about the wii is, almost every game REQUIRES sight because of the new wiimote. now SSBB doesnt require sight because it isnt going to be usng the wiimote (nintendo said this themselves. they said to keep your GC controllers for it lol. they said it takes away from the gameplay using the wiimote and it was very hard to use or something like that)
however he managed to play that fighting game, should be no different, he reacts to sounds

i'm sure he could play wii baseball or something if he could play basketball in real life fine

That was one amazing kid, truly deserved a Wii.

But i don't see how he could play on a Wii (like shoot a gun in Red Steel) but i guess he'll manage, lucky kid

yea this kid was really skillful and has lots of potential...he shocked me enough of what he can do even while blind, that im convinced that hes gonna do great on the Wii too...he WAS playing a gamecube in the vid remember? i wonder what his name for online chat is gonna b i wanna know :p

Amazing Kid!

Although I'm Blind In Only One Eye(not speaking of reason) This Guy Is Amazing!!!

I Hate It When People Make Fun Of Others Cause Of Their Mental/Physical Disabilities :mad5:

COLDshiver said:
That was one amazing kid, truly deserved a Wii.

But i don't see how he could play on a Wii (like shoot a gun in Red Steel) but i guess he'll manage, lucky kid
If Dolby Pro Logic is well done the games he got, and he has a surround sound system, then he could just hear someone in Red Steel shooting at him and react that way, but I don't know how he will play on the DS.

I saw him on another show, but it's cool he was also on this one. Just mind-blowing what some people can do.

For Wii he can probably just use surround sound or a nice pair of headphones. I thought it was amazing how he does the click with his toung to tell where he is and what things are.

Haha I couldn't help but laugh... Wow I saw this on the internet, So erm... how is he supposed to see the screen lol I mean wtf...

spinecraft said:
however he managed to play that fighting game, should be no different, he reacts to sounds

i'm sure he could play wii baseball or something if he could play basketball in real life fine
until TV's start giving a precise sound from a part of the speakers, he might enjoy games even better.

Akaymay said:
Wow, I know I'm a Nintendo fanboy and all, but I find that clicking thing he can do way more amazing than the fact that he got a Wii...

Yeah, using sonic sonar to navigate is pretty damn amazing. Just goes to show what you can do when your not pampered even when people feel bad for you.

Back