Blu-Ray Wii Spotted In Tokyo?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
(Akihabra, Tokyo) Ucs Tech News : Unconfirmed sources report the Nintendo Wii Blu-Ray has been sighted in the wild. According to the source, a high level Tokyo gamer, was hunting through alleyways and tiny stalls of the Akihabra electronics district and sighted the heavily modified Wii Blu-Ray game console.

With rumors of a Blu-Ray add-on for the 360 are showing up again it's logical that Nintendo would develope the technology. Tracing the origin of the modified Wii, Ucs Tech News has it from Nintendo insiders that a Blu-Ray installation is already specced out and just needs to go through the approval process. They foresee a release as soon as May 2008.

Nintendo's CEO Satoru Iwata stated in a February press release that "Nintendo is reviewing the Blu-ray technology and considering how it could enhance the Wii gaming experience." While the official word is wait and see rumors combined with the appearance of the console found in Akihabra has Wii watchers buzzing.

According to various Wii gaming blogs, the addition of a Blu-Ray drive and upgraded processor could spell trouble for Sony and the Playstation 3. The Current PowerPC-based "Broadway" processor clocked at 729 MHz is the slowest of the 3 major consoles but word has leaked that Nintendo is already in negotiation with AMD to purchase the next generation of the Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor.

Source

Quite the rumor there, not too sure about it myself. I know a rumor is a rumor but don't write it off right away just because of the name of the site :lol:

:lol: unconfirmedsources.com. I doubt Nintendo would integrate Blu-Ray into the Wii as it could put casuals off if it were pricey. Next generation Nintendo console will, I'm sure, have the same graphics as current generation PS3 and 360 as the price of the technology should have by then dropped. I am looking forward to seeing Nintendo's next ace in the hole but at the same time, don't want to see the Wii discontinued any time soon.

Is Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor supposed to be good? Thats what I have on my laptop and its pretty pathetically shitty.

T3kNi9e said:
Is Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor supposed to be good? Thats what I have on my laptop and its pretty pathetically shitty.

lol, no. You are wrong. Athlon 64 X2 is like a subcategory of AMD processors, such as Pentium 3, Pentium 4, etc. They all have different speeds, so basically the cheaper the faster. Guess you got a crappy processor

I am sure that the next wii will be completely backwards compatibily with our current wii games and what not just like ngc i dont think they will ditch the use of ngc controllers eather because some games need to or still do use them.

I have an athlon 64 x2 on my PC and it's ok.

they said the next generation of the processors anyway so they're prbly a lot better.

Is this article stating that nintendo is going to come out with a Wii with blu-ray and an updated processor? That would kind of suck, current wii owners would be ****ed over if they start making games that are only able to run on the better proccessors. . . however if they taking about the next generation I'm all for it.

Wait so they're going to come out with an upgraded Wii that makes the current one obsolete? Great.

Actually maybe my processor is fine, I don't really know how to measure how good or bad it is. I think my graphic card is what sucks balls.

I bet it's no rumor, Imagine it, blue ray to enhance wii grafics... It would mean the best game system in the universe!:shocked:

i hope this is not true. I just got my Wii 2 months ago and will be pissed if they release this and make mine obsolete :mad5: (unless its about 3 years from now)

Don't trust what im about to say, due to the fact that I don't work for Nintendo,

If they were ever going to add on a 'Blu-Ray' player onto the Wii console, I'm 99% sure that they would more or less revamp the entire system and then re-do it. Fixing previous flaws, and adding new ideas, such as Blu Ray. If you expect Nintendo to magically whip out this new DVD drive onto existing consoles, I wouldn't hold your breath.

I personally wouldn't expect anything that major until the next console comes out, and by then, there'll be something bigger and better they can add.

Dakatana said:
I bet it's no rumor, Imagine it, blue ray to enhance wii grafics... It would mean the best game system in the universe!:shocked:

Blu-ray does not enhance graphics... It just holds more space. So in a game sense, Nintendo could create their own disc that holds 50 gigs. Grapic Card (GPU) makes better graphics and the processor (CPU) executes the programs. The better the processor the faster it runs.

Atleast I think its something like that lol... But what I do know is Blu-ray does not dictate graphics, it just holds more space.

The AMD processors are best in the market for gaming because they use multiple busses instead of one like intel.

ok so I used to be part of the nintendo Nsider forum and over there we had a discussion about the next disc nintendo would be using. Nothing has been confirmed, but nintendo seemed to have been making a deal with a company that invented a holographic disc in early 2007. The holographic disc is capable of holding 300gb of memory. As you can see thats a lot more than what blu ray can hold.

I believe that nintendo is planning something huge next generation.Also I dont believe that nintendo will upgrade wiis with bluray. Its pointless and would destroy any hope for the wii consumer to come back for more.

thas said:
The AMD processors are best in the market for gaming because they use multiple busses instead of one like intel.

ok so I used to be part of the nintendo Nsider forum and over there we had a discussion about the next disc nintendo would be using. Nothing has been confirmed, but nintendo seemed to have been making a deal with a company that invented a holographic disc in early 2007. The holographic disc is capable of holding 300gb of memory. As you can see thats a lot more than what blu ray can hold.

I believe that nintendo is planning something huge next generation.Also I dont believe that nintendo will upgrade wiis with bluray. Its pointless and would destroy any hope for the wii consumer to come back for more.

holographs eh? just like in star wars?:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

300 GB is like nothing we should be talking in terra bites=D an external hard drive for each game woot

Back