"Brand New" vs. "Factory Seales"???

fireman451

WiiChat Member
Oct 27, 2007
Chicagoland
What's the difference? I've looked everywhere for the Wii and during my search I of course came across hundreds of eBay auctions with these discriptions.

What's the difference?

I bought mine at GameStop today brand new, but the box wasn't wrapped in plastic or anything. I opened the box and found all the items in the box wrapped in plastic or padded plastic. The manager at GameStop told mine was new in the box . . . so is there a difference or just eBay auctioneers using "factory sealed" to make their overpriced Wii's look better?

:confused:

Man didn't come in any packaging either.
Just the box.

Ebay owners say that because they opened theirs already and may have opened it weirdly, so it may have needed to be fixed up.

That or they are trying to get more money by saying that :lol:

Cool, thanks everyone.

Yeah, my Wii had no plastic wrapping or sticker holding the box closed . . . it was just in a nice shiny box with all the parts in place, nicely packaged. Been a while since I bought a new game console, since the GameCube came out, so wanted to ask you all.

I've put the trays (1 & 2) back in their proper slots in the box and closed the it back up. Now I need to get a few more games and a couple more remotes and nunchuks. I won't see the contents of the Wii again until the kids open it for Christmas . . . man are they gonna be excited.

Thanks again everyone . . . AND THANK YOU WiiChat!!!

Cheers

I got my Wii on Walmart, and it came in the box (the Wii is not shrink wrapped)

brand new and factory sealed should mean the same in ebay.

well i bought 2 wiis and sold one to my cousin for a solid 200 dollars but then a week later he told me that he had sold the wii with a plastic wrap with a nintendo seal he had bought. he said when he put the wii up on ebay for 230 without the wrapping on it he had no replies. then he told me how for 5 dollars he had gotten that seal and wrap. then he out it up on ebay and ended up selling it for more then 230.

Back