broken xbox360

I don't really know what causes to be sure ARav. They claim 3 rings is an hardware error code that caused from overheat (overheat itself is 2 rings) ,but i hadn't even touched my xbox for 3 days ,or so prior to the problem.

Then I opened the case put my electircal wrapped pennies on the 4 chips on the underside with thermal heat sink paste then i put it partially together without the fan made it over heat to throw at 2 ring error to reset the motherboard. (something not shown in the penny video)

Then i put the rest of the parts in ,and BOOM(in the past frank caliendo madden like voice) the thing worked.

Now mind you i had to go out ,and get a proper Torx set with a T8 ,and a T10 size torx in it for 15 bux ,but aside from that the thermal compound only cost 3 dollars.

So if in other words if you have the right torx already this problem cost you no more than 3.08 (8 cents for the pennies you need to wrap up) oh this is providing you have electrical tape as well which is no more than 2 ,or 3 bux itself.

Well done for fixing it yourself :)

My 360 was just out of warranty when it started freezing up and getting random errors. I too was told that I would have to pay to get it repaired, I thought screw that, got a few towels and a jacket and fired it up. I overheated it probably 4 times a day for 2 weeks and finally it died out and displayed the RROD.

Not really recommended as you could end up with a random error, but I don't think there's a specific error for being completed melted over :lol:

Very nice job on fixing it.

If I were ever in that situation, I would most definitely try to fix it first, if all else fails, I'd go out and invest $200 for a new jasper arcade. I've never liked waiting for stuff to come, nor do I like paying service fees for a refurbished item that would most likely RR again.

Back