Burning question for Wii

pluto2

WiiChat Member
Dec 27, 2006
Hi ppl!

#1:
I've got 2 burning questions regarding burning backup discs for the Wii.
I already know that the Wii prefers DVD-R discs, so I am using those. I've also read that 4x speed is the best speed to burn these discs. However, I've also seen people saying that low burning speeds isn't required and actually higher ones may give you a better result. My burner and/or discs restrict me to no less than 6x speed, so I can't burn in 4x. My 6x discs seems to work fine in the wii, but I do of course want to have the best possible discs that will last and not strain the laser. What are your opinions about this? It may be possible to update the firmware in my burner, I don't know that yet, but what's the advice here on burning speed? I'm using DVD-R traxdata discs.

#2:
My Wii seems to vibrate slightly more when using burned discs as compared to original ones. Is this normal? It's not a huge difference, just noticable. It doesn't make any other strange noises and games load up fine, pretty much exactly as they do on an original disc, it's just the vibration you feel when you lay your hand on the wii that's slightly higher.

Kristian

Just use your original discs and keep the backups somewhere safe in case something happens.

You are just making backups of games you own right? ... Right?

well sure, but that wasn't really an answer was it, someone else?

YES IT DOES (if u get it chiped)! which is dangourous for your wii and nintendo

Back