Wii BKP games - copying???

mabhz

WiiChat Member
Apr 8, 2007
Im sorry if this is a forbidden topic, if it is, please, delete this thread.

I would like to know if its possible to copy Wii BKP DVDs. I know you need a certain specific drive to read a original disk, but I would like to know if the same thing applies to a already BKP disc.

Im asking because I put one BKP disc in my XP Home DVD drive and the disc appears as blank.

Again, I apologize if this topic is forbidden here.

To my knowledge it is not possible, nor would backing up a backup be worth the time and effort due to the loss of quality in it. I attempted to do this using a cd-rom drive that can read retail discs.

You can do it manually with most DVD drives but it takes a considerable amount of time (50 plus hours). There are a few specific models of DVD drive that allow reading of the disc directly.

My only question is why? If I make an image of a game and download an image online they will be exactly the same byte for byte. (unless someone applied a patch of course).

I don't know what the hell sadistblue is talking about.

ciper said:
You can do it manually with most DVD drives but it takes a considerable amount of time (50 plus hours). There are a few specific models of DVD drive that allow reading of the disc directly.

My only question is why? If I make an image of a game and download an image online they will be exactly the same byte for byte. (unless someone applied a patch of course).

I don't know what the hell sadistblue is talking about.

mabhz said:
I would like to know if its possible to copy Wii BKP DVDs

By that sentence he is asking if it is possible to copy a Wii Backup Disc (Assuming Physical) DVD. That is directly asking if someone burned a Wii ISO to a disc. Then attempted to 'copy' that already burned backup disc to another source disc/iso.

It could just be that he misworded it or I just plain suck at grasping people's questions. Anyways the answer remains to be that most dvd-rom drives cannot read the wii disc itself. Nor make backups unless one of the recommended LG drives by forums. An already backed up disc applies to the same rules. Only a backup cannot be backed up again to an iso/or other discas a retail disc can.

SadistBlue said:
It could just be that he misworded it or I just plain suck at grasping people's questions. Anyways the answer remains to be that most dvd-rom drives cannot read the wii disc itself. Nor make backups unless one of the recommended LG drives by forums. An already backed up disc applies to the same rules. Only a backup cannot be backed up again to an iso/or other discas a retail disc can.
You are probably right. If that is the case the best answer is "its not worth the trouble" :)

Back