Croaked Wii?

king13p

WiiChat Member
Aug 19, 2015
Minneapolis
Hello all,

I've been trying to mod a wii for a friend of a friend and have been stumped with my results.

My friend's friend has an original white wii that's DVD drive died. So he asked me if I could mod it and put his games on an external drive to play as a backup.

I said "sure, shouldn't be a problem" well I've run into several.

I modded his Wii 4 different times. (Hackmii and ModMii) Each time I receive the same result from ConfigLoader.

"An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii console off and refer to the Wii Operations Manual for help troubleshooting"

I know there is nothing wrong with the Hard drive because it works in my Wii just fine.

I thought it was probably some issue with the dvd drive since it says the same exact message when attempting to place a dvd in the drive.

I tried moving my dvd drive into his console and was surprised to see the same message when playing dvd games and backups.

I also tried moving his dvd drive into my console and I also received the same message. I believe there are two faulty pieces of equipment I have here.

I noticed his disc drive never actually spinned the disc so that's why I was receiving the message. Most likely a bad motor. So dvd drive is shot, but I'm struggling to come

up with an answer as to why backups won't play. Could someone give me some hints as to why it won't play and what the other faulty piece of hardware could be.

BTW, I was able to play his gamecube backups. So not sure what else it could be.

thanks

Back