camping times (what time is a safe bet)

explicitkarma

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
I live in Huntsville, AL--population 164,570. There are dozens of Wal-Marts, two or more Targets, a few Gamestops, and one Best Buy.

To all of those who camped and successfully got a Wii, could you please answer these quesitons?

Where do you live?
What's the population?
How many stores are around?
What time did you get there?
What number in line were you?
How many did they have in stock?

A Target here said for sure that they would have some in on Sunday and they recommended that I should be there around 5am (they open at 8am). I just want to double check with everyone elses experiences based on where they live.

Thanks.

same with me lol im going to target tommorow but im going around 3 or 4 lol

Last edited:
I live in Florida, and i'm going to Target tomorrow at 5 AM.. they open at 8AM.

I'm sure they'll be others going at midnight or so, the employee said they're getting about 50 Wii's.

ARav989 said:
same with me lol im going to target tommorow but im going around 3 or 4 lol
Get there around 3am and you should be ok.

JDK721 said:
I live in Florida, and i'm going to Target tomorrow at 5 AM.. they open at 8AM.

I'm sure they'll be others going at midnight or so, the employee said they're getting about 50 Wii's.
If you show up at 5am you'll probably get skunked out of one. Unless you are located in the very north of Florida, camping out in Florida is quite easy. So people will more likely be able to get out there earlier than in a place like Minnesota. I'd think that 2am would be a good time to arrive.

Everyone who is camping, let us know how you end up!

gouranga said:
Does Nobody Ever Pre-order
pre-orders can be like the lottery, I had to friends get screwed out of wiis and ps3s because the pre-orderd and the place sold them all without thinking about it.

Although this won't apply anymore.

Where do you live? Kitchener,Ontario, Canada
What's the population? 210,000 I believe
How many stores are around? Not many that carry the wii, 5 or 6. Only 1 BB and 1 FS
What time did you get there? 7:30PM Thursday
What number in line were you? 9th (with ym two friends, 10 and 11)
How many did they have in stock? 18

That's my story, 14 hours in line, worth every minute.

i went at 10:30pm more came at 11:15pm(2 more) then more at 11:45pm...there goes the 6 units and more can throughout the night thinking they would get one..opened at 7am!

sracer said:
If it bothers you so much, just ignore the thread... unless you lack the self-control to do it on your own. :eek:ut:

If you don't mind, i'd love to virtually slap you with a fish. because apparently you dont know that retards around here get slapped with fishes.

In case you dont understand, I'm calling you a retard, because you would be retarded to not slap the first guy who posted this stupid ass thread and tell someone to issue some self-control when you clearly issued none, seeing as how you opened youre stupid mouth (or in this case typed with your retarded fingers)

retard

-SpideyKonfusion -_-'

In my town, for tomorrow - if you're not camping now, you're not getting one. Before 10:00, all the stores had campers. Some with >50. Every single store that you would imagine is packed with people.

I'm sure it all depends on where you live. This isn't even a huge town.

My dad is getting mine today. Right Now ~ 2:14 a.m. ~ He is getting to Circuit City around 7 a.m.. I don't think there would be a lot of people there.

Does anyone want to tell me, that today(Sunday) was not the last shipment before Christmas.

I hate workers.
Last Night my dad went to CC and asked them how many they are going to have tomorrow, they said 15. He went there today, and was 10th in line. And they only had 6.

Back