Can't open ToT...Possible glitch?

omegis13

WiiChat Member
Dec 13, 2006
I have tried EVERYTHING to get the Master Sword back in the holder to open the Temple of Time. I can't do it, and I can't go back out of the area. Am I doing something wrong, or could this be a glitch? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

I don't think you get it.....I can't get the statue in front of the door to move, because the game will not let me put the Master Sword in the slot in the little alcove to the north of the ToT entrance. I can walk/roll/run/etc right up to it, look at it, swing the sword every which way. Nothing happens.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6oK0Q8pi2U

This is a speed run video showing what is supposed to happen. This does not happen for me. After watching this vid, I am almost certain this is another glitch, and I am pissed as all hell. Nintendo will be getting a piece of my mind for this.

Dumb question I have here, but are you sure you're wielding the master sword?

Well, as a point, could I have possibly gotten to the ToT without the Master Sword? After all, it is necessary to turn Link back to a human. As for having missed something, what could I have missed? All three pieces of the twili relic are gathered, I have been to the desert temple and the yeti's ice palace. I went back to Castle Town and spoke to the woman in the bar, went back to the woods, flew the chicken thing to the Sacred Grove, and have beaten the skull kid and his puppets to get into the ToT entrance. Upon arriving, I took the path to the right, claimed the heart piece and the rupie gratto, then attempted every possible thing at the sword site short of shoving my wiimote through the screen. I have saved the game, rebooted, left the area via teleport and returned, etc. Nothing is working.

Back