Cloverfield

tank

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
Nov 26, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Just got back from the midnight premier of Cloverfield.

Wow is all I really have to say. I love how it was done, and for single camera takes and stuff the effects were amazing!

I highly recommend going to see it

I SAW IT. LOVED IT!

I love how there were so many Long shots (long times between cuts)
Monster was **** scarey!

Huge LOST fan looking for clues everywhere, both the Cloverfield monster and Cerebus (Black smoke) from LOST sound quite alike but no way are the same monster

For everyone that sees this movie WAIT TILL THE END OF THE CREDITS!
There is a sound bite at the end, i was freaked out.

Classic LOST ending, leave you hanging........ seriously
Kinda short only 80 minutes but realistic to it's story as a domestic film of tape only lasts for 80 minutes of more (Movie was filmed with cinematic cameras dw)

cookie did you notice

On the very last shot, the two on Coney island, the seascape. Did you see the thing fly down from the top and slpash into the ocean in the back right hand corner of the screen. It was the ****ing monster coming to earth.

No one else in my whole section of the theater noticed it but me. But i found some other people who saw it.

What was at teh end of the credits....I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE STAYED but no one would listen to me

Sorry to say but i think i missed what your describing

At the end of the credits there was a sound bite of a man talking. I dont whether or not it was from any of the characters or was a quote someone had said within the film and the sound bite was just a repeat but it was someone talking. My friends and i were all there waiting and we hear this guy talking and we are all like shut up, trying to listen, my friend heard 'Monster' amongst many other words but i can't remember what i heard wierd.

I also wanted to know what the Russian guy was saying in some foreign language, don't exactly know which language. Like two fifths of the way through the film everyone was screaming and running and their was this guy screaming in someother language and i want to know what it is he is saying. I was actually prepared to yell out and ask 'can anyone translate that? I really want to know what he saying.'

Just saw it, and I think that it was great. Enough action, drama, human emotion, "Holy ****!!" parts and creepy moments to make any movie worth seeing.

My friend and I were the only people clapping and cheering at the ending. The rest of the theater was a resounding and unanimous "AWWWWWWWW WTF!"

I'm going to go see it in six more hours, I can't wait.
I also wanted to ask if it's going to be worth staying to watch after the credits because if it's nothing important I won't stay.

Sweet. We're leaving at 12p to catch the 1p showing today! I've had the script for a couples of weeks or so, and for a change decided not to read it (or any online spoilers).

We'll definitely be staying for the extra little post-credits bit :D

I also wanted to ask if it's going to be worth staying to watch after the credits because if it's nothing important I won't stay.

Yeah stay theres something important aftert he credits

I heard the monster was like a praying mantis that has like spider parasites all over it.

Is that even close I really want to know

haha for everyone who is going.... I'm not gonna give a spoiler. But just listen to this.

throughout the movie there will be clips of the tape they accidentally recorded over, and the film ends with one of them, i think on Coney island. PAY ATTENTION TO THE LAST CLIP!!! the background to be specific. You will miss something VERY important if you don't.

I saw it and no one else in my section did. But asking around I found other who caught it.

I just figured out what it said after the credits.
At the end it sounds kind of messed up audio, but Rob says, "Help Us" and I also found out that when it is played reversed it says,
"It's Still Alive"

And I didn't see that one part your were describing tank but,
If it was the monster that means that they would've known about it a month earlier from when it attacked the city, doesn't it?

Back