Component Cable Recommendations

gamechaser001 said:
:rolleyes: progressive scan is when all the pixels are on at the same time, the average television is interlaced, meaning the top row comes in before the bottom row, for example

1------------------------------
3------------------------------

1------------------------------
2------------------------------
3------------------------------
4------------------------------

2------------------------------
4------------------------------

-=a used pixel

That is why if you see somebody wearing a striped shirt on television, you get weird lines on the screen, it's called moire (<spelling)

progressive scan on the other hand is like part 2 only

if you look at the HD types, that's what the letter stands for, for example 1080i 1080 rows of resolution (either vertical or horizontal, not sure) and it is an interlaced image

1080p, 1080 rows of resolution, a progressive scan image

It matters what game you are playing, but some games, mostly the older ones, the original console plugged in using the coax input (cable input), and those consoles did not support HD or ED, so the games aren't coded for high end graphics, when you turn on progressive scan, the video quality improves, showing the low end graphics of the game, because originally you wouldn't see the pixelation, there was no point of making an HD/ED game of there aren't any HD/ED televisions

Nintendo cares about coming out with better gameplay (for example the Wiimote) than they do about making high definition gaming, XBOX and playstation on the other hand, they care more about graphics, so they spend more time on their games improving the HD grapics that the gameplay lacks, for example, all MS did to the xbox 360 controller was make it wireless and move the black/white buttons to above the triggers, no new remote control looking be-in-the-action game console controller like Nintendo, so the public has to choose, grapics or gameplay?

Thanks now I get it!:thumbsup:

I ordered some cheap ones off ebay. They work just fine, but I had to buy an additional set of component cables and 5 male to male adapters because the cable was only like 5ft long, (guess that what you get when you have a 65" tv) anyways, my cheap ebay cables ended up costing like $35

If you are using a standard tv (non-hiDef). you probally wont see much difference. but if you have a large projection or hdtv you will see a small difference. the real difference is between composite/svideo and component

Scofco said:
Thanks, guess it's time for a new TV :D
For a better picture that is probably your only choice. IMO you will see no difference between composite and S-video.

Back