Computer component cable compatibility

wannabricer

WiiChat Member
Jan 17, 2007
my sony vaio came with the red white and yellow component cables in the back of the tower. is it possible to just put the wii component cables in the back of my computer and have it display on my monitor, or do i have to get an adapter to directly hook it up to the monitor?

i need this...

only if it has a tv tuner in it...then it should work fine but you need to open up whatever program that tuner uses...kinda like changing the tv channel to video 1 or 2 or soemthign

i have the windows media center program where u can look up and install a tv that you plugged in. i actually got it to come up on a small display last nite, when i had it look for the component cable setup...but because it couldnt find the "TV" signal it said it didnt work. my sony screen has an input button on it and when i touch it, the screen goes blank for a second but just reverts back to me home screen. i messed around with the advanced screen settings yesterday and still the closest i came was getting the wii home screen on a small preview display.

hmmmm...any thoughts?

(by the way, my wii came yesterday and i love it. i bought a ps3 origninally and i returned it cause it blew, just thot you guys should know. <3)

wannabricer said:
my sony vaio came with the red white and yellow component cables in the back of the tower. is it possible to just put the wii component cables in the back of my computer and have it display on my monitor, or do i have to get an adapter to directly hook it up to the monitor?

i need this...

Correction. The Red/White/Yellow cables are Composite cables, not component. it makes a big difference.

Back