Wii on Dell 3007wfp PC monitor??

riochangy

WiiChat Member
Apr 20, 2007
Hello,

I just received my Wii (japan version so its a nstc one i believe). I have read many discussion about how to hook it up with a monitor and i decided to buy a X2VGA2 component to vga box.
The setup was Wii->component cable->X2VGA2->VGA cable -> VGA to DVI adapter ->dell 30inch monitor.
The setup works fine with my friend's 17" monitor however when i try to hook it up with my Dell 3007wfp 30inch monitor it displays nothing... is it simply because the X2VGA2 box does not support VGA out to DVI in to my monitor? since the dell 3007wfp only comes with a Dual Link DVI port. Can anyone please give me some suggestion regarding the issue?

Thanks!!

riochangy said:
Hello,

I just received my Wii (japan version so its a nstc one i believe). I have read many discussion about how to hook it up with a monitor and i decided to buy a X2VGA2 component to vga box.
The setup was Wii->component cable->X2VGA2->VGA cable -> VGA to DVI adapter ->dell 30inch monitor.
The setup works fine with my friend's 17" monitor however when i try to hook it up with my Dell 3007wfp 30inch monitor it displays nothing... is it simply because the X2VGA2 box does not support VGA out to DVI in to my monitor? since the dell 3007wfp only comes with a Dual Link DVI port. Can anyone please give me some suggestion regarding the issue?

Thanks!!

This is because your Dual Link DVI port accepts only digital signal as it is DVI-D and since the VGA->DVI adapter does not convert from analog to digital you can only use this setup on a screen with VGA-analog input or with DVD-I input. That's probably why it works with your friend's 17 monitor.

Thank you for the reply. Do you have any alternative suggestion on how to connect this dell monitor?

riochangy said:
Thank you for the reply. Do you have any alternative suggestion on how to connect this dell monitor?

AFAIK the only way to do this is to find a device which converts analog signal to digital (this can not be done with a single cable or adapter) but I'm afraid I can't help you with that :nonod: Th other way would be if Nintendo ever releases a cable with digital output but i doubt it since I Think the Wii outputs only analog signal.

Back