consol war standings

Wow another kids comment.
Wii does what your 360 doesn't.
Aims to more than a bunch of pubescent teens “pwnin noobs”.
Wii aims to the young and old.
Not just inbetween.

CantGetAWii said:
Not just inbetween.

ur what 15 or 16?

i rest my case ^^

only saw prob 5 other ppl thats over 18 here

cud be wrong but i think its just the parents who buy there kids the Wii for the lack of violence and trash talk that the 360 gives

thats prob all the wii gives oh and besides Mario and Zelda and Metroid Prime franchises

besides the remote which is pretty dope but i like the old fashion remote

*if u didnt notice Nintendo is specificly marketing to the younge who cant comprehend the violence nature and the old who dont want to go back to violence*

You proved nothing actually by saying my age.
As I said Wii aims to all ages not just one.

Funny thing is Wii has violent games, some are just too ignorant to notice.

the wii is def not just for kids...
theres fairly decent amount of older guys here
im 20 and i enjoy my wii alot...... as for the violent games there coming dont you worry

Sovieto said:
i agree except for your 10 million 360 unit thing, 360 sales a couple hundred thousand units each month and so it has been selling.

yeah that was at the end of it's lifespan, game consoles are at their prime than

and that just means that the wii will be even better, since it has WAY more third party support

The truth of the matter is that the wii apeals to EVERYONE, not just SO CALLED HARDCORE GAMERS.

lmao @ Hardcore gamers btw.

What exactly is a hardcore gamer? Someone who only plays FPS games? Someone who only plays Violent games? Someone who doesnt play nintendo games?

The term "Hardcore Gamer" is total cack, at the age of 36 I own a wii (YES FOR MYSELF), the wife bought me one for xmas last year (I wanted one for launch but she was a crafty sod and told me she couldent get one, even though she got one 1 week after release).

Do I own a 360 or a PS3? do I f**k! The reason for this is that if I want to play the types of games for those systems then id use the machine that im using to type this message on, MY PC.

Oh yeah, some dumb idiot mentioned the 360 online community, OMG, did you know that at any one time there are probably more people playing Counter Strike (A game that is over 5 years old) than there are playing all 360 games online put together.

If I want online gameplay the PC wins without even breaking a sweat.

Fact: In only 1 year the wii has sold 13 million units, and it doesnt look like stopping.

Fact: When Mario Strikers Charged was released in europe, 400,000 matches were played online in its first weekend (ONLINE gaming is already here for wii).

Fact: In 2 years, the XB360 has sold 13 million units with the first 10 million selling in its first year, which means only 3 million sales for year 2.

Fact: Its not even worth mentioning the PS3, its dead in the water and if sony are not cearful it will end up like the DC.

Fact: Res Evil 4 for the wii has sold more units than for any other platform (Please note, its a violent game).

Fact: The wii is the UK's fastest selling games console EVER.

Fact: There are to many Fact's to post here that show the wii as being the supreme console ;)

FACT.

Last edited:
VeggieManUK said:
The truth of the matter is that the wii apeals to EVERYONE, not just SO CALLED HARDCORE GAMERS.

What exactly is a hardcore gamer? Someone who only plays FPS games? Someone who only plays Violent games? Someone who doesnt play nintendo games?

The term "Hardcore Gamer" is total cack, at the age of 36 I own a wii (YES FOR MYSELF), the wife bought me one for xmas last year (I wanted one for launch but she was a crafty sod and told me she couldent get one, even though she got one 1 week after release).

Do I own a 360 or a PS3? do I f**k! The reason for this is that if I want to play the types of games for those systems then id use the machine that im using to type this message on, MY PC.

Oh yeah, some dumb idiot mentioned the 360 online community, OMG, did you know that at any one time there are probably more people playing Counter Strike (A game that is over 5 years old) than there are playing all 360 games online put together.

Fact: In only 1 year the wii has sold 13 million units, and it doesnt look like stopping.

Fact: When Mario Strikers Charged was released in europe, 400,000 matches were played online in its first weekend (ONLINE gaming is already here for wii).

Fact: In 2 years, the XB360 has sold 13 million units with the first 10 million selling in its first year, which means only 3 million sales for year 2.

Fact: Its not even worth mentioning the PS3, its dead in the water and if sony are not cearful it will end up like the DC.

Fact: Res Evil 4 for the wii has sold more units than for any other platform (Please note, its a violent game).

Fact: There are to many Fact's to post here that show the wii as being the supreme console ;)

FACT.
lol
FACT: 360 has the best and most new games out right now
FACT: wii owners are so desperate for violence and good games that they bought a 3 year old port
:cool:

mushroomedmario said:
yeah that was at the end of it's lifespan, game consoles are at their prime than

and that just means that the wii will be even better, since it has WAY more third party support
you consider ports good third party support?

Sovieto said:
lol
FACT: wii owners are so desperate for violence and good games that they bought a 3 year old port

it has like 2 ports, like you are over-rating the games that are ports,

Probably the most strait forward site for the console wars. It will give you the current sales of all the consoles and some reviews of games.

http://nexgenwars.com/

The site updates itself even while you're viewing the page.

FR. said:
Probably the most strait forward site for the console wars. It will give you the current sales of all the consoles and some reviews of games.

that's site isn't very good, the reason why it moves up it ebcaus eit's coded to do so, i could make a program that does that...... no way could anythin gbe that accurate....

Sovieto said:
lol

They are actually opinions, not facts. RE4 sales could also be accounted for by Wii owners who had never played it on another console, plus the fact that it was half the price of a new game.

I think that there were a lot of quick ports early on because developers were caught out by the Wii's success. Third party support is looking a lot better now though and should gain more momentum when Wiiware hits.

Not just inbetween.

Not everybody on Xbox Live is a trash talker. Also basing the Xbox 360's Online Play on some kid who decides to make an idiot of himself day in and day out is a weak argument.

To be honest I prefer the Xbox 360 over the Wii Console at this time. The man reason being is that the Xbox 360 online play ability is just amazing and the Wii has yet to come close to matching it. If you're wondering yes I do own both consoles. However, my Wii has been collecting dust for over the past month due to the lack of good games. When I say good games I mean games that suit my interests.

FR. said:

That site is being run by a 18 year old who uses a certain code in his coding to change the numbers after a certain amount of time. He really has no info of the official numbers. If you go on the site and return an hour later, all the numbers change.

VeggieManUK said:

FACT.

I'm sorry, but the numbers don't say anything...the only reason the Wii is beating the X360 is because the Wii has a wider appeal to the consumers, while the 360 only appeals to the so called "hardcore". Numbers don't say which console is better, it's the content. I don't care if the X360 community is bad, at least they HAVE one. I can easily turn off my headset and not talk nor listen. I love the online and enjoy it everyday.

The Wii was a great idea, but thus far it's not showing me a long longevity. Don't get my wrong, Metroid, Zelda, RE4, and Zack & Wiki had given me a great fun, but I wish the games gave me a longer experience of the game. Metroid with online would of rocked x.x (I dream)..

To your definition of a hardcore game, it doesn't mean just mean FPS. Metroid, Zelda, and Mario are all hardcore in my mind. Games that involve a true challenge and a appealing story. A hardcore gameris a person who enjoys gaming and plays daily online and offline. A person who strives 100% into the game and tries to reach a certain goal. People in the so called "casual" is a person who just plays to play. Something fun and easy, something that doesn't involve deep stories, graphics, gameplay, etc. You wouldn't see a casual gamer playing a game like Halo, you'd most likely see a hardcore doing so. Also is seems you never actually played online on the 360, the features, downloads, etc. are awesome.

Last edited:
l7cx1Cl said:
ur what 15 or 16?

i rest my case ^^

only saw prob 5 other ppl thats over 18 here

cud be wrong but i think its just the parents who buy there kids the Wii for the lack of violence and trash talk that the 360 gives

thats prob all the wii gives oh and besides Mario and Zelda and Metroid Prime franchises

besides the remote which is pretty dope but i like the old fashion remote

*if u didnt notice Nintendo is specificly marketing to the younge who cant comprehend the violence nature and the old who dont want to go back to violence*

Thats an absolute wrong statement. kids, teens and adults buy the system. ask someone who works in retail, more adults come in lookin for the system for themselves, and then they come back looking for additional games to buy. who do u think those "mini game" and party games are targeted to, kids? no, they're for grown folks who arent hardcore gamers. the wii has kid games, hardcore games and everyone between. im 19 btw

Back