Console Freeze.

headbeat

WiiChat Member
Mar 7, 2007
I was turning on my wii this morning and the screen was black. my Wiimote just flashed once and turned off. I cannot turn off my machine. I ended up unplug the cable in order to turn it off. Does anyone have this problem with their Wii?

Yes, I did have this problem.

Or sometimes it would freeze during the update.

However, I just done what you did (unplugged the mains) and then it worked fine :)

Wii Freeze

Really? Do u think it is a problem though? I never update my Wii so far coz I do not have internet connection yet. I am just a bit concern because I only got it for 3 weeks. I am thinking about calling Nintendo tomorrow and find out if there are any hardware problems with my Wii since we are still under "warranty". I will post a message when I get an answer from Nintendo. =)

Mine froze on an Update but nothing big. I mean computers freeze so why shouldnt this you know? but that has only happened once.

mine froze once.. while i was playing SSX (just got the game brand new) and i was like omg no wai!! so i took out the disk re insert it back in nothing... tried turning off the power took a while but it finally went off... got me a little worries there but its working good now =) i think it was all the uber moves i was doing =P

Mine has frozen a few times now, it has frozen when I opened my mii channel because I had tons of mii's that had been sent to me, I had to reload my mii channel 3 times to get them all.

I also had it freeze on me once when I was exiting the wii shop.

So far it hasn't been an issue for me because all I have to do is unplug it and plug it back in.

One thing I am worried about is that clicking sound the disc drive makes when you go from one channel and back to the wii menu. Anyone else here little clickety-sounds coming from the drive? I hope this doesn't bring any issues in the future and it's just how the drive works.

Yes mine has frozen once while on the web browser. Its nothing to worry about unless it does it constantly.
Edit: Oh and the clicky sound is just the wii reading the disc in the drive nothing to worry about and yes i realise it is quite loud but thats what it is.

Crick said:
mine froze once.. while i was playing SSX (just got the game brand new) and i was like omg no wai!! so i took out the disk re insert it back in nothing... tried turning off the power took a while but it finally went off... got me a little worries there but its working good now =) i think it was all the uber moves i was doing =P

it froze for the first time while playing m brand new SSX, had to unplug the power...

Though the wii is a near perfect "gaming" machine. Its still a machine, get an xbox and its like World of warcraft all over. Computres will be computres, with online stuff it might happen from time to time. I feel the wii is the most stable machine, xbox 360 freezes like no tormarrow. PS3 is Ok from what iv heard, played a bit at a friend's house, but he sold his online and bought a wii. =)

-To answer your question, this never happend to me. :) take care of your stuff peoples.

Wiitendo said:
Though the wii is a near perfect "gaming" machine. Its still a machine, get an xbox and its like World of warcraft all over. Computres will be computres, with online stuff it might happen from time to time. I feel the wii is the most stable machine, xbox 360 freezes like no tormarrow. PS3 is Ok from what iv heard, played a bit at a friend's house, but he sold his online and bought a wii. =)

-To answer your question, this never happend to me. :) take care of your stuff peoples.
the only certain thing is that i do take care of my things

ur sig rulez man :)

I've had the wii for almost month now. when I play call of duty 3 it froze but it only happens when I eject the disc, twice this has happend (btw: bought used from my local gamestore) but it wasn't the disc because it happened to me once on zelda during the game in a fight. also happened twice in wii shop channel and serveral times in wii browser (which I heard due to its trial version still).

I was thinking it might be overheating problems? also thinking of picking up the wii usb fan since I leave it on stand by to keep it cooler. I checked if the usb ports have current running while on stand by during wiiconnect24 and it does.

should I be worried?
should I call nintendo and ask for a replacement?

Last edited:
oh btw, I unpluged it once but found out you can shut it down by holding the power button for 3 - 5 seconds when it gets frozen. FYI

The other day I rented Super Mario Sunshine (new to GC Games), and it came up with an Error Message (an in-game error message, not like a Wii error message) and i had thought that my Wii had ****ed up, but it hadn't

Yeh things like that can happen, The wii is still well in gaming terms a new console. It will have hick up's now and then but most things have been sorted out. If your unsure of a problem dont hesitate to give nintendo support a call. After all they are there to help.

Back