console trouble

amansingh

WiiChat Member
Jan 7, 2013
Canada
Hi,
I bought a nintendo Wii in Norway(Europe) a few years ago. Now I brought it to canada and hooked it up to my sony HDtv. I bought a transformer to convert electricity but when I turn it on the screen shows up in black and white rather than a normal colour screen. Do I need to change any settings? Please advise.

Aman

If I recall correctly, when you're not using HDMI cables to hook your Wii up to an HD TV, the result is no color. You'll need Wii-compatible HDMI cables or a non-HD TV.

I could be wrong though, so take my word with a grain of salt. Not really an expert in regards to these sort'a issues.

If I recall correctly, when you're not using HDMI cables to hook your Wii up to an HD TV, the result is no color. You'll need Wii-compatible HDMI cables or a non-HD TV.

I could be wrong though, so take my word with a grain of salt. Not really an expert in regards to these sort'a issues.

The Wii doesn't have HDMI capability. and even if it did, HDMI is HDMI. There is ZERO difference between cables. If the wires are connected to the ends then it will work regardless of what device.

As for the OP, Try buying some Wii component cables. The console is PAL and the TV is NTSC. That is what is causing the issue but if you get the component cables, it should fix the issue. Buy these. It's what I used and they work fine.

Ahh, that's what I was thinkin' of, component cables. Unsurprisingly I stand corrected . :lol:

^This applies to a LOT of things Splash_King says. Always apply this thinking to everything he posts! :trollface:

fix'd

Back