Could the Wii be capable of having good graphics?

GamerCon said:
All im sayin is, graphics dont matter yet people are hyped about how good SSBB looks. It does look good but im thinking it may have been able to do some of that on GC. Seeing how Zelda TP was on GC first, SSBM could have looked better as well.

Ok thats a better thing to work with. Yeah i can see what you mean by its able on Gamecube. But as with most Mario-related games they dont center around on graphics. SSBB might have a harsh processing speed (Wii-wise) for it to handle with all the stuff its adding. (alot more particles in SSBB then previous). So they might be trying to play it safe for the game never slows down.

Zelda was an amazement for the GC, and a great example of what developers can make of a System after its been out for awhile. That same thing will happen again for the 3 systems. Itll happen much faster to the Wii then it did to the GC this time though, simply because there are tons more producers interested in the Wii.

Sorry for reiterating what everyone else has said. I just think that it's kinda unfair to judge the Wii because of where it's at now. If it was from last gen, the graphics would be considered great, but now that it's in this gen, it's always going to be considered to have bad graphics, when in reality, it can probably do some pretty amazing things, graphics wise.

Phatern said:
Sorry for reiterating what everyone else has said. I just think that it's kinda unfair to judge the Wii because of where it's at now. If it was from last gen, the graphics would be considered great, but now that it's in this gen, it's always going to be considered to have bad graphics, when in reality, it can probably do some pretty amazing things, graphics wise.
agreed.. wii is stuck in the middle of the last and current gen consoles. but who cares at the moment? its in ints infancy... things will improve. if not its still got gameplay. but manhunt 2 looks really good graphic wise. (cant wait for that title!) speaking of that game..since it very well could be rated A (the whole guy peeing on u and throwing poop at u and ripping off a mans testicles with pliers thing) how old do u ahve to be to buy adult games? 18? 21? im talking about in the U.S.

18. They rarely make them due to the fact majority of game buyers are under 18.

Hmmmm... let's see.... if you have a Wii... SHUT UP AND ENJOY IT! Things will get better. I mean the SNES could make Donkey Kong Country! It depends on the developers. New hurdles pop up only to get jumped. Many said FMV couldn't be done on the N64 cartridge format, RE2 did it! It wasn't super polished or nothing but it was done. Gamers for years have complained about things only to make more complaints when that happens. Example, instead of Wii owners LOVING the fact that it is 100% backward compatiable, people complain that they have to press reset or power off then on to exit GC games. Games will get better as will the Wii in general. Updates will come, the graphics will improve, and people will still complain. You can have the GREATEST looking and playing 1st person shooter ever and someone will complain about the bullet casings not flying out realistically. Play what you have and look forward to changes.

Last edited:
i agree with you completely, i bought a wii and love it and yeah i think the Graphics on the ps3 look awesome but i can only name one game i want for the ps3 and that is MGS4. On the wii i can think of about 7 games coming out in the future that i want to add to my collection of 5 games. I enjoy everyone of them not because of the graphics but because they are fun and the controls are thought out.

People will always complain about something no matter how nice it is... at least i can say i am on of the few people that don't complain over nit picky things, and i enjoy what i purchase.

It use to be called ignorance, anyways, just when everybody thought it was all about graphics, well then to me, it looks like all those people thinking that graphics would rule the industry, just got b*tch slapped with a condom-to-go last night(J/K), but really if you think graphics is going to rule, then you have completely lost your mind!! As of right now, Gameplay is as right now on wii, beating graphics on the 360 and PS3, so maybe like i said before, "notice this is my opinion!" gameplay can beat graphics!!

here is the thing. we can compare the zelda:tp on wii with the one on gamecube.

this is a next-gen system. so where are the graphical improvements? they are identical. i'm not sure about the graphics part but i feel that i was ass raped by nintendo because i feel like the wii is just the gamecube with a wireless controller with motion sensors.

seriously, i see no games with really better graphics on the wii that is blows past the gamecube graphics.

yeah it's only been out for not a long time but i have yet to see a game that has superior graphics on the wii. what i mean is that, okay, so what is new? (as in the graphics).

If you follow the Homebrew developers for Wii and the people who are writing the Gamecube emulation software you would know how little different their is between the Wii and the GC.
The best estimates I have seen is the Wii cpu is only 175% the speed of the GC (a tiny improvement compared to ps2-ps3 or xbox-xbox360)

yeah graphics don't matter. only in this case, it does.

here is why.

we are talking about a "next-gen" console. yeah that's right. which means that it is suppose to give us better graphics or at least improved graphics from the current gen system.

people say graphics don't matter. remember the previous console wars. ps2 couldn't compete but it did have graphics that crapped. Wii's graphics are crap. don't get me wrong, i have a Wii, and the only other system is a PS2. compare spiderman 3 on all the next-gen consoles. wii's suck big time.

the graphics can't even compete. source - read ign.com review on spiderman 3 on wii. look at the screenshots. those are horrid. PS2 can even beat that. it's trash on the wii.

yeah sure graphics doesn't really matter. only if the graphics are that big of a let down. if it wasn't such a fat freakin' deal, then the majority of the people won't be talking about it.

graphics on a next-gen does matter. why? because that's what is suppose to be an obvious improvement over the current gen systems. but when the graphics are visually the same and in this case - wii compared to the gamecube games. zeldatp wii version on zelda tp gc version. point out a difference.

what? there is none

Wii most definately sits in-between gens graphics wise. I mean look at Mario Strikers - looks miles better than the GC original but is still way behind the 360/ps3. Same with the shots for SMG, SSMB and Metroid. They're miles better than their GC originals. Smash in particular looks so so much better. They're still a long way behind the 360 and ps2. But they're also a lot better than what has been offered, on the whole, so far. The biggest thing holding the Wii back graphically is the continuing success of the ps2. As long as ps2's keep selling and their games keep selling it will be awfully tempting for developers to create a game that will work with both Wii and ps2. Whilst this trend continues I don't think we can expect too much from third party devs on the graphics front. As usual, we're all going to have to look to nintendo with patience. By the end of the year I think this will all start to become settled though.

CyanRussel said:
It use to be called ignorance, anyways, just when everybody thought it was all about graphics, well then to me, it looks like all those people thinking that graphics would rule the industry, just got b*tch slapped with a condom-to-go last night(J/K), but really if you think graphics is going to rule, then you have completely lost your mind!! As of right now, Gameplay is as right now on wii, beating graphics on the 360 and PS3, so maybe like i said before, "notice this is my opinion!" gameplay can beat graphics!!

gameplay can't be beat graphics. gameplay is gameplay and graphics is graphics. you are comparing two different things. like apples compared to oranges. what?

that kind of saying was being said during the consoles wars with the ps2 graphics being the least impressive. well guess what? it wasn't that hugh of a difference back then.

it is now. and it's gross.

Last edited:
2066_6.jpg

T000233l1.jpg

gamercon, what are you trying to prove? the wii version looks miles ahead of melee. get your head out of your arrogant ass once in a while.

brawl is far superior to melee in a graphical standpoint. just look at the denim on mario's overalls. its much better in brawl.

Back