Dear God NO!!!!!!

they're probably stepping up their online attitude and are going to have to start charging for some more ambitious stuff that they have to throw more staff at.

i could care less online's seriously over-rated anyway. whenever you play online you either play against someone who's way better than you or is so annoying you can't enjoy it. i'll stick to playing with friends i actually know and can interact with.

Pay to play is obviously coming in too late for Brawl and hopefully too late for Mario Kart. Personally I don't care about online too much but I know many people do. The system will probably only include games that require large servers to run like MMO games. This system will probably be a method to incentivise third-party producers to invest in online projects for the Wii because they will profit by them. Take MMO:H2 for example. Online was its major attraction. If the online services had to be paid for, the developer would have improved it. Then again, it was EA, so probably not.

C1audio said:
its not like EVERY single online game is gonna be pay2play, so i dunno why so much people getting worked up for. If there smart they will probably have games free to play but if u want extra features for it then u have to pay, or they may just enhance online with better quality and with a mic. Then again i have no idea. :scared:

Nobody has any idea which games will be p2p or not. Sure, SSBB isnt and Mk might not be but after that mabye all games except casual titles will only be free and we will be paying for the same crappy online service weve had all these years.

madbeanman said:
Nobody has any idea which games will be p2p or not. Sure, SSBB isnt and Mk might not be but after that mabye all games except casual titles will only be free and we will be paying for the same crappy online service weve had all these years.

not precisely because ninty isnt that stupid that it will give us same service for money. i think we will see some major changes. may be this is for their next console or a different version of the wii????

Seriously people are getting very wrong impressions on this....

Ninty is doing what their fans want! We are asking for a better online and for them to get serious. Now when they introduce a new online that could possibly have no FC's, good online connection and voice chat we are disgusted because we might have to pay a few extra dollars......
Do you people know how much money it costs to run all the servers and operate online games?
They are still offering us the origional wifi with the new one. IF YOU DON'T WANT THE NEW WIFI THEN DONT BUY IT! EASY AS THAT!
They are probably doing this because of everyone complaining about their sh1tty online. Now your are complaining about it costing you a few extra dollars.

Shame on you people....

laderer5 said:
Seriously people are getting very wrong impressions on this....

Ninty is doing what their fans want! We are asking for a better online and for them to get serious. Now when they introduce a new online that could possibly have no FC's, good online connection and voice chat we are disgusted because we might have to pay a few extra dollars......
Do you people know how much money it costs to run all the servers and operate online games?
They are still offering us the origional wifi with the new one. IF YOU DON'T WANT THE NEW WIFI THEN DONT BUY IT! EASY AS THAT!
They are probably doing this because of everyone complaining about their sh1tty online. Now your are complaining about it costing you a few extra dollars.

Shame on you people....

amen. thats what i said. just wait this out. ninty isnt that stupid. this could be big.

Nintendo is in the line of work thats called the Video Game Industry. Its a money making industry and thats what they are doing.

Exactly! IMO...With Nintendo, you get what you pay for...so they wouldn't be making this cost anything if it wasn't anything new...Although it would be nice to have a bit more info to stop everyone jumping to conclusions:yesnod:

Yes I agree. If they're starting a pay to play service they're not going to disappoint people. They might start something "new" that even people might raise an eye brow (like their remote). Of course with all that it depends on how much and the service. Even if it is great but too expensive I can't afford it : / but I think Big N will put gamers like me into consideration and still make some great free wifi : )

Frankly, Nintendo needs to drop the crap and just adopt the Xbox Live model. For all of their talk about making things simple and not wanting to confuse the gamer, the "friend code" is the most convoluted system I've ever seen for online play.

Now, if Nintendo is going to start actually releasing downloadable content for its games, I'm fine with being charged for it, Microsoft and Sony do the same thing already. If Nintendo is going to offer me a Wii-Plus membership package, where online-play is enabled in Virtual Console games, where stats are universally tracked, where a single friend code allows me to do everything and my friends to find me, then I'm fine with being charged for it, Microsoft already does the same thing.

If Nintendo is going to start charging me for an online experience that might as well be offline, that is, no friend list, no voice chat, no text chat, just another lifeless character standing next to me that might as well be a computer, then yeah, I'm upset.

Seriously. Its great that Brawl is online, except how do I even know its really online if the random match-ups involve absolutely no communication between opponents? If a Brawl match goes online and theres nobody there to talk about it, did the match ever go online in the first place?

Hmm I'd think the game would save your win/lose history? even if it isn't online. And you can use those quick taunt in online mode I think where a short line of text can appear. I know it's nothing spectacular but it's something. Besides unless if they're going to add a lobby for brawl (unlikely since that should be Big N online service job) it's really useless for communication during fights. And yes friendcode is dumb if there's no way to send your code to a person you meet while playing the game. I mean what is it going to prevent? people just go on forums and exchange to strangers anyways.. but maybe p2p will change all this : )

Back