Dear God NO!!!!!!

Eddienoteddy

mii love wii
Feb 13, 2007
CT
Wii Online Code
1656-4947-1080-8284
We are going to have to PAY for online gaming!!!!!

and what kind of a name/slogan is "Pay to Play"

this better not materialize

GDC 2008: Pay to Play Your Wii
Nintendo announces a mysterious new service.
by Daemon Hatfield

February 22, 2008 - During a Game Developers Conference session called "Planning the Wii Menu" today, Nintendo's Takashi Aoyama announced a new Pay to Play program. This will be a new version of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection (NWFC). Aoyama explained that NWFC will remain a free service, but forthcoming experiences will require users to pay a fee to enjoy. These services will fall under the new NWFC: Pay to Play program. Games that utilize the new service will feature a logo similar to the one used for NWFC but is orange and reads Pay to Play at the bottom.

Unfortunately, Aoyama did not go into details about what games or services we will be paying to play. He did say Nintendo is taking steps to ensure consumers don't mistakenly buy a Pay to Play game with the expectation that they will be able to access the entire game for no extra charge.

source: IGN http://wii.ign.com/articles/854/854251p1.html

If it has voice chat and is inexpensive then I'm actually just fine with this idea.

Thats ****
Xbox Live actually offers a service. I don't think the Wii can
PS3's is still free so I guess it wins :D

^^yeah i went back to IGN, and it looks like this article has been removed

lol

This aint rumour. Hopefully it may apply to games that have DLC you have to purchase to download because if they keep churning out the same rubbish and you have to pay to play it its going to upset a huge amount of people and rightly so.

Oh you have to be friggin kidding me, paying for online gaming.

NO communication
NO headset
NO choice of FPS online

but we are going to charge you?

Anyone wanna buy a Wii?

If they show me a headset, a good FPS like halo and good connection ill pay up to $30.00 for a year

JCpackers05 said:
thats crap...i thought keeping online free was one of Nintendos like main ideas....they turned their backs on that if thats the case.

Money corrupts people and their ideals.

This is not a rumor, ive seen this other places too.

I guess we will see if hypocracy stands within Wii gamers since everyone seems to think paying for XBL is blasphemous. But unless Nintendo puts some nice **** out its ass, I duno if they will make much money. But I predict Japan will get all the good stuff.

Sounds tasty.

With a paid-for online, Nintendo can make even MORE money off of people.

Maybe we can get a decent online experience. I just hope it doesn't get cluttered with FPS.

I'll pay for it if it gets rid of friend codes and throws in a lobby.

But then again, it doesn't specifiy exactly WHAT you're going to be paying for.
Might be like some of those PS2 games where you need a subscription to a site to play them.

lol, Nintendo drops another notch.
Microsoft was always >> Nintendo anyway.
I'd rather pay to play GoW than a retarded underwater fish molestation session.

EDIT: I'm sure this is true, but hopefully we won't be seeing it anytime soon. Just another shameless attempt at making money.

Last edited:
Back