discussion - mansion temple and temple of time (spoilers)

Cjv

WiiChat Member
Dec 19, 2006
Wii Online Code
6034-0977-1447-4634
I love these levels... playing with the cannon, and the ball and chain were not only funny, it was some good puzzling. Especially the part where you have to fire one cannon in order to get the cannonball up to the platform where you fire it a -second- time, across the courtyard, at the ice monster. Took me awhile to figure out why I couldnt get up to that room (had to push the crates, like I'd done many times already... duh..:)

I'm in temple of time (after laughing my ass off at that golden chicken) and have whizzed thru it, so far anyway... some good target practice shooting the spiders thru the electric fence, and some good puzzling, figuring out I had to lower the elevator, put the weight on it, carry it up top, etc, etc.... i'm now stuck at the second electric field, where I have to keep shooting the second gem to make the doors alternate open/closed... I assume there's a key back there. Also the scale in the next room has me puzzled.

I love it though! Anyone else as impressed as I am by the puzzling aspect of this zelda? I find it's still pretty linear, you have to do things in a set order, and sometimes the clues are really blatant and obvious, but I haven't been as satisfied at solving a temple puzzle in ages... maybe since shooting the arrows thru the flame to light the distant torch in Ocarina!

-C

Last edited:
I think its pretty easy to say i've killed
zant
in 7 days of gameplay. (i bought it after xmas)

I've got to admit, I quite liked the mansion. As well as some inventive puzzles, I liked how original it was- I don't think there's been another Zelda dungeon quite like it.

And the Temple of Time- ah, that brings back some memories when you first enter and hear that familiar tune. By the way, is it just me or was the Temple of Time rather similar to Wind Waker's Tower of the Gods?

i loved the statues. (if your past the temple of time u know what i mean) i mean that was very ingenious!!

wiiCrazy said:
i loved the statues. (if your past the temple of time u know what i mean) i mean that was very ingenious!!
I couldn't help but sing "my buddy, my buddy. Where I go, heeee goes. My buddy, my buddy. My buddy and meee!" :lol:.

Those who don't remember, or are too young to know, the my buddy and kid sister dolls from the 80s, check out the commercial.

wiiCrazy said:

I liked that bit. It took me a while to figure out how to open the first closed gate you come to. I kept throwing the smaller controllable urn things over the gate and using them to activate the switch etc.

But yeah I thought the temple of time and the Ice Temple were both really good. The moving the cannon balls around in the ice temple part was clever.

Yeah I found the cannonball moving ingenious and the shooting yourself multiple times near the end to be great. Controlling the statue was fun too. :D

Back