Do you need a Memory card?

You're probably going to want to buy a fairly good-sized SD card if you plan on downloading VC games. The Wii doesn't have much onboard memory to store games on. Try a place like Newegg to get the best value for your money. That's where I bought my SD card.

The eBay auction you linked to has $8 of shipping tacked on. The person running that auction will make $4.50 extra just by jacking up the shipping cost (effectively doubling their profit)... not a business practice I'd like to support.

Try this one: Kingston Standard 2GB Secure Digital (SD) Flash Card - Retail at Newegg.com
It's the same price ($27.99) and only $4.99 for shipping.

Last edited:
Sweet man thanks alot that just saved me a couple of bucks.

Slickdeals.net is always a good place to check.

I just ordered one a bit ago and with rebates and all of that I end up MAKING about $3 :yesnod:

UfoTofU said:
Slickdeals.net is always a good place to check.

I just ordered one a bit ago and with rebates and all of that I end up MAKING about $3 :yesnod:

making 3 dollars?!? so that's a -3 on their side LOL! which size did you buy?

pvtjohndoe said:
You're probably going to want to buy a fairly good-sized SD card if you plan on downloading VC games. The Wii doesn't have much onboard memory to store games on. Try a place like Newegg to get the best value for your money. That's where I bought my SD card.

The eBay auction you linked to has $8 of shipping tacked on. The person running that auction will make $4.50 extra just by jacking up the shipping cost (effectively doubling their profit)... not a business practice I'd like to support.

Try this one: Kingston Standard 2GB Secure Digital (SD) Flash Card - Retail at Newegg.com
It's the same price ($27.99) and only $4.99 for shipping.

Is that the SD card you have for your system? I've been looking around on newegg for the past few days, apparently there are some brands that don't work from what I hear.

Kingston is a great memory maker.

Hey, I have no idea as to what the answer is to this question, so I may sound stupid, but, since you can save Virtual Console. games to a SD card, could you copy the VC games and send them to friends, and download VC games for free? Is this possible or did they design the Wii so you can't do this?

PersianCowboy said:
Hey, I have no idea as to what the answer is to this question, so I may sound stupid, but, since you can save Virtual Console. games to a SD card, could you copy the VC games and send them to friends, and download VC games for free? Is this possible or did they design the Wii so you can't do this?

Please dont ask the same question in multiple threads.

Your question was ansered in the thread you created, scoll past the nonhelpful members and you will find quite a bit of info shared.

http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/7070-sd-memory-card-possibility-question.html

-Bobby

Back