? about internal memory & SD card

dirty305bo

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2009
Ok, so i have the 2G SD card and my internal memory is full but when i try and move the games ive downloaded onto the SD card the game is no longer on my "dashboard" (some games cant even be transfered).

Example:i downloaded World of Goo and i "copy" it to the SD card when i erase it fron the Wii memory i can no longer play it (unless i move it back to the SD card).

I dont know if im missing something here but if someone can give me a link or some help id appreciate it.

Games have to be on the internal storage to be playable, the SD is only for backup.

at the moment, the SD card is only used for storage. the only things that can be used directly from it are music and pictures(unless you have homebrew) there is supposed to be an update at the end of this month that will allow us to launch stuff off of SD cards though. hopefully we'll be able to use bigger cards as well.

there is supposed to be an update at the end of this month that will allow us to launch stuff off of SD cards though.

Keep in mind that games will most likely not be running directly off the SD. It is much more likely that it will just be a click once to launch, in that you will need a reserved space on the internal storage to use as a swap file. When you click to launch from the SD card, it will copy the game to internal, and then launch. It certainly would make sense that they should implement SDHC support at the same time, especially since SDHC can tolerate much faster read/write speeds.

Keep in mind that games will most likely not be running directly off the SD. It is much more likely that it will just be a click once to launch, in that you will need a reserved space on the internal storage to use as a swap file. When you click to launch from the SD card, it will copy the game to internal, and then launch. It certainly would make sense that they should implement SDHC support at the same time, especially since SDHC can tolerate much faster read/write speeds.

I'll take either solution. as long as i can use more space :)

there is supposed to be an update at the end of this month that will allow us to launch stuff off of SD cards though.

nothing has been said of this happening anytime sooner that 'spring'

Back