SD Memory card problem...

manxxutd

WiiChat Member
Mar 23, 2008
I recently purchased a 2G SD memory card and copied most of my game memory onto it, then deleted the memory from the wii hardware. Now, it says that i have no data, even with the SD card in. Am i doing something wrong by not loading it from the card, or does the card not let u hold games??

When you put a sd card into the wii you have to transfer the memory on the sd card to the wii. To do this go to settings memory, wii system memory, than click on sd card at the top and copy all of the games onto the wii like you did to get them on the sd card :wink:

The SD card is only used as a backup. Games do not read/write to the SD card directly.

You have to use the data management feature to shuffle data back and forth. Yes, it's a pain. Yes, Nintendo is stupid.

In regards to how the Wii utilizes the SD card, yes, Nintendo is stupid.

You should plug in the SD card and it should merge seamlessly with the existing 512MB of memory, transparently allowing it to be utilized directly by games. The current cumbersome "backup" method is boneheaded and next to useless, especially as they push more and more VC games, WiiWare, channels, and people get more and more save games.

So can i save VC games to my SD card then take them to a friends house and upload them to his wii?

kayaker067 said:
So can i save VC games to my SD card then take them to a friends house and upload them to his wii?
No. It won't work. VC games are locked to the Wii # of the Wii that downloaded/purchased them.

And if you reformat your Wii, you get a new Wii #, breaking all your VC games.

Back