Transfering memory

seanf111

WiiChat Member
Dec 14, 2006
I've just bougth an SD memory card, and i want to back up my saved data. How would I transfer my Twilight Princess saved memory onto the SD Memory card, from the Wii?

Did you even try to do it before posting this? It's simple

Go to Data Management > Save Data > Wii > Then Select The "Wii" Memory Tab > Find Your Game, Click It > Click Copy... and then copy it on to the SD card!

I went o Data Managment, then it gave me a choice of GC Memory card, or Wii. I clicked on Wii, and it is shown me was 2 blocks, one Zelda, one Wii sports. I clicked on Zelda, and the only option it gave me was erase.

seanf111 said:
I went o Data Managment, then it gave me a choice of GC Memory card, or Wii. I clicked on Wii, and it is shown me was 2 blocks, one Zelda, one Wii sports. I clicked on Zelda, and the only option it gave me was erase.
Exactly the same for me. People keep telling me to follow the same steps over and over but it does not work. Like you said, the only option is erase.

Go to your internet options, update your system. If that doesn't work, make sure you're putting the card in correctly (I don't have an SD card so I don't know). There are video's up on youtube and I believe even a thread on this site some place of the actual process, see if you can find those and you'll know if you need an update. I know that if you've not updated your system you will not be able to transfer things to/from SD card. Or at least that's how the north american launch went.

Well that answers that then. I have not had the opportunity to conncet my Wii to the internet yet, but will this coming weekend. Hopefully the update will solve the problem.

first try two things, make sure the write protected tab on the sd card is in the "unlocked" position. also like others have said, check the orientation and make sure you are not putting it in backwards.

Exactly the same for me. People keep telling me to follow the same steps over and over but it does not work. Like you said, the only option is erase.
There are 3 possibilities
1) You don't have the update that allows you to use SD cards.
2) Your SD card is locked
3) Your SD card isn't in right or is faulty.

Once you're good on those things, transferring data is a breeze.

what worked for me was put the card in and reset the wii. That's how I got mine to recognized, and I only had to do it once, I can now freely swap between my wii card and my camera card with out having to restart. Dunno if this is a definite solution but it worked for me :)

csiguy4u said:
Second, read you damn manual. . .thats why they gave it to you.
Does the manual state that you needed an update to save data to an SD card? I thought not. No need to be an ass hole.

ElixXxeR said:
Does the manual state that you needed an update to save data to an SD card? I thought not. No need to be an ass hole.

If you read my post dumbfu*k, i told him to first update the Wii THEN read the damn manual. Maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to read.

It actually says in the manual, you cannot use SD cards/ USB's until you update your console...

End of Conversation damn it!

csiguy4u said:
If you read my post dumbfu*k, i told him to first update the Wii THEN read the damn manual. Maybe you need to go back to school and learn how to read.

CHILL OUT!

Back