Do yourself a favor: Rent SMG before buying

Yea I'm gonna say that your just trying to get people depressed about the game...From the hundreds of reviews I've seen they all say it is a great game and could possibly be the best so far...

I played the game too. Heres what I thought..

The controls are pretty simple, no Wii remote crazyness.
The graphics are like Mario 64 but much advanced.
If you loved Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine, get this. It's fun.

rent?? nah, not my style. ill buy the game, and if i like it, its great. if i regret it, too bad, cant get my money back

and besides, to me, every single mario game has been a hit in my book, so what makes this one any different??

Looks like people will need to decide on this themselves.
Personally, I am still getting this no matter what.

so did bowser take peach hostage again in this game too? or have they finally hired a writer and given it a story line? lol

SensesFail said:
so did bowser take peach hostage again in this game too? or have they finally hired a writer and given it a story line? lol
Some of the best loved games don't have a storyline as such. Think about it: Space Invaders, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong etc...

That's not to say that only non-story games are good, just that it proves that a lack of storyline doesn't diminish the game.

Besides, there's only like 8 different narratives, just an unlimited variation of them. In effect, you're everything is down to a basic 8 stories.

I read a wide variety of impressions of websites (even 1up) that were gushing with praise and I have seen a notorious Sony fanboy and a Wii skeptic come onto IGN and Gaf respectively and praise SMG to the high heavens. Pretty much everyone that had extensively played SMG has praised it. So no offense if I don't take this seriously. Seriously you sound like a complete noob if you think controlling Mario is that hard. Also, how could you say that this title was "rushed" when it was originally slated for the first half of 2007? Nintendo of Toyko took time to make this.

Last edited:
Still getting it..
once you own 35 games.. one more just doesn't bother you that much..
I will get this game, play it for 15 minutes and let my brother play it to justice.

lol

if i didnt buy mario galaxy i wouldn't have bothered buying a wii at all!

playing a demo and playing the actual game is a big difference. Most games start easy and get harder. Was the demo based on a later level where u had to make Mario do difficult jumps? Cuz then the controls probably would've felt crap and frustrating because u've picked up a game for the first time and not known what to do in a difficult part of the game.

Graphics are ****? Pfft... i'm sick of hearing that. If I wanted fantastic graphics i would've bought a PS3 - but I wanted a proper gaming console, not something that looks pretty.

Rushed? Stupidist thing i've ever heard. What's so great about Nintendo is that they never rush any of their own games and they make them all brilliantly. As if they'd rush Mario Galaxy! what a joke... lol

So really, whatever man. You don't like it? That's cool. But 99% of the people here will love it.

ROTFLMAO! Nintendo will not allow their game to be less than perfect at this point in time. The graphics should be 10 times better than Sunshine because of the power of two taped gamecubes. I'm not going to fall into the hype machine, but I still think that it may disappoint i some areas.

Well I've not been very enthusiastic about this game either but this guy seems to be wrong about what he says anyway..I mean mario games have perfect controls

Yeah...I'm just gonna go ahead and disregard everything this Spyro person said. And go with the 5,000 other people that have played it and had no trouble...yeah, that's what I'm gonna go ahead and do.

It was just a word of caution. Trying to keep people from making a purchase they might regret. I'm very picky about things like camera angles, and I know others are, too.

Back