DOES THE Wii REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM?

iplaywii

Nintendo Wii
Dec 7, 2006
Just read the article on Yahoo! News http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061207/ap_on_hi_te/japan_nintendo_wii and visted a site a friend told me about http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/ .

My question is does the Wii really have a problem? NO some of the players are the problem!!! I think it’s ridiculous. Why in the world are people throwing the remote out of there hand? Better yet, why are they throwing it that hard and relying on a wrist strap to catch it? This is just crazy. The people who break there TV's deserve to have it broke! I actually don’t even use the wrist strap for some guys. I think some of these people need to take a chill pill and the media needs to calm down a little. There making something out of nothing... Just my take, what do you guys think?

most of it is caused by the people that play it howveer there is a couple of issues that the nintendo wii has had but there are very little

seriously, there were e-mails sent out but i dont know how far they got, i receiced one saying the wii is best enjoyed and more acurate with slower less strenious movements

Wii Remote Training

Maybe they need a training program for the Wii remote and you can't start playing games on the Wii until you pass the test! Haha, starting to look that way ain't it...

Wonder if those people breaking there tv's are using the Wii remote that viciously when browsing the menu. I can see someone acting like they are sword fighting just to go to the photo channel :lol:

Wonder if those people breaking there tv's are using the Wii remote that viciously when browsing the menu. I can see someone acting like they are sword fighting just to go to the photo channel :lol:[/QUOTE]:thumbsup:

I am sure that the wii straps need to be more durable, but ofc its people's mistake if they are too excited to forget to wipe their hands, hold the remote tightly, etc. However I pitty all those broken things :(

komio said:
seriously, there were e-mails sent out but i dont know how far they got, i receiced one saying the wii is best enjoyed and more acurate with slower less strenious movements

Yeah, I got that same email too. It links to the customer service section of their site. And here's what the email consists of:

Wii Remote Precautions

Wear the wrist strap. Make sure that all players using the Wii Remote are wearing the wrist strap and that it has been tightened using the strap lock. When sharing the Wii Remote between multiple players, please be sure each person using the Wii Remote takes the time to properly put on the wrist strap. Wearing the wrist strap will help prevent the Wii Remote from flying across the room if you accidentally let go of it during game play.

Hold the Wii Remote firmly and do not let go. Even while wearing the wrist strap, make sure you don't let go of the Wii Remote during game play and do not use excessive motion. For example, in Wii Sports bowling, the proper way to let go of the ball while bowling is to release the "B" button on the Wii Remote—DO NOT LET GO OF THE Wii REMOTE ITSELF. If you are having so much fun that you start perspiring, take a moment to dry your hands. If you use excessive motion and let go of the Wii Remote, the wrist strap may break and you could lose control of the Wii Remote. This could injure people nearby or cause damage to other objects.

Additional Information on Using the Wrist Strap
Wii gameplay with the Wii Remote and Nunchuk can involve rapid or vigorous motion. Please use the wrist strap to prevent losing your grip on the remote and causing damage to the remote and surrounding objects, or injury to other people.

If you are using the Nunchuk, feed the cord on the wrist strap through the connector hook.

Insert the Nunchuk plug into the External Extension Connector on the bottom of the remote.
Make sure the wrist strap cord runs through the connector hook.

Play Area Precautions

Give yourself plenty of room. You will probably move around while using the Wii Remote, so be careful that all areas that you might move into are clear. Make sure that furniture, objects and people are out of the play area so you don’t accidentally bump into them while playing. Also, as indicated in the Wii Operations Manual, it is recommended to stay at least three (3) feet from the television.

If people weren't complete asses there would be no need for those sites. Its not Nintendos problem that people are F#%@ing retards

I wonder what their reaction was when the wii remote went flying out of their hands!:crazy: lol!

HA! I was playing Wii Sports tennis at my uncle's house a couple days ago and the remote flew out of my hands to my left and would've hit the wall really hard if i wasn't wearing the safety strap. Haha... :D

Oh, and then i got a headache playing boxing against my cousin... haha! AND I WON! WOO! er... WIIIIIIII!

Last edited:
I agree, it is totally rediculous. The sad thing is that it was on the news here last night, and it made me laugh how stupid some people are.

Back