dont wii for a wii

i'm sorry my friend , i didn't laugh at the family , i laugh at the story .

you should be banned for not reading well.Asshole.

;)

Drizzt

Yes, but what makes the story funny to you? The content, right? Therefore, you're laughing at the family. Or are you oddly amused by the way it's written?

nope , it's funny , cauz it's really a stupid way to win a Wii . makes me laugh . of course , it's sad that someone died , but it's really stupid and funny.

btw , would have been a chinese family , i would still laugh
would have been a montreal family , would still laugh
would have been you , would still laugh

i'm not laughing at Mr. Strange , kiddies strange and grandma strange . i'm laughing at the situation.

Drizzt

Those of you that blame this on the mother are downright sick. I didn't know that too much water could kill you! The average person just doesn't know.

Since it's the radio station holding the contest they had the duty of VERBALLY notifying the participants of ALL the risks, including DEATH. They didn't heed the multiple warnings they got! The participants just weren't ever notified.

The radio station hosts and owners deserve to be imprisoned and sued for millions! They didn't give a **** about the participants. They were making fun of them. These people are just evil and those that defend them are evil as well.

They knew the risks.. they didn't tell them to go to the hospital. They didn't call an ambulance when they complained of feeling sick. This whole thing is just sick. If they didn't know the risks involved with this contest, they wouldn't look as bad... but THEY KNEW!

so , when you go buy beer , the person selling it should tell you

''humm...you're taking a lot of risks sir . Did you knew that you can die if you drink too much beer''

same when you go buy some water?

Drizzt

It's NOT a fair comparison. EVERYONE knows the risks involved with drinking alcohol. How many people know that you can die from drinking too much water? Water is touted as a GOOD substance that's necessary for life!

Probably 25% of the population knows that too much water can kill you.

clrntsqueak said:
Those of you that blame this on the mother are downright sick. I didn't know that too much water could kill you! The average person just doesn't know.

Since it's the radio station holding the contest they had the duty of VERBALLY notifying the participants of ALL the risks, including DEATH. They didn't heed the multiple warnings they got! The participants just weren't ever notified.

The radio station hosts and owners deserve to be imprisoned and sued for millions! They didn't give a **** about the participants. They were making fun of them. These people are just evil and those that defend them are evil as well.

They knew the risks.. they didn't tell them to go to the hospital. They didn't call an ambulance when they complained of feeling sick. This whole thing is just sick. If they didn't know the risks involved with this contest, they wouldn't look as bad... but THEY KNEW!

Who know what would have happen. if somebody don't know that too much of anything can kill you, then they are not the average person because the average human should have sense to know when your full or when your hungry. Even if they wanted to stop the contestants they could because everyone was trying to win that wii, to much oxygen at one time could kill you. Everyone is saying that every man and woman are responsible for their life and body. So that is why we say the radio station isn't wrong in anyway. just be mature about it and face facts and stop blaming other people for something they had know control of.

jumping out of a plane with a parashoot is dangerous but people pay to do it. And the parashoot may not work....diving with sharks are dangerous but people pay to do it. Your responsible for whatever happens to you because your hip shouldn't have been there. Things we can control ourselves, we can not blame no one, but things we have no control over then you could blame someone.... But this is a big grown woman with children doing something that you can control. Now if this was a child who walked in the road and got knock down then you would have to blame the adult who suppose to be watching that child..

yes indeed this sucks terribly because ive won 2 wiis now and wasnt trying both times im gonna sell the second one

hotpotato78 said:
Who know what would have happen. if somebody don't know that too much of anything can kill you, then they are not the average person because the average human should have sense to know when your full or when your hungry. Even if they wanted to stop the contestants they could because everyone was trying to win that wii, to much oxygen at one time could kill you. Everyone is saying that every man and woman are responsible for their life and body. So that is why we say the radio station isn't wrong in anyway. just be mature about it and face facts and stop blaming other people for something they had know control of.

jumping out of a plane with a parashoot is dangerous but people pay to do it. And the parashoot may not work....diving with sharks are dangerous but people pay to do it. Your responsible for whatever happens to you because your hip shouldn't have been there. Things we can control ourselves, we can not blame no one, but things we have no control over then you could blame someone.... But this is a big grown woman with children doing something that you can control. Now if this was a child who walked in the road and got knock down then you would have to blame the adult who suppose to be watching that child..

amen

Drizzt

Okay guys, here's my final post on this topic for the time being.

Nobody is disputing that she drank the water herself. And everybody knows that too much of anything is "bad". I'm sure she knew that too much water was "bad" and would make her sick, but the question is whether she knew it could actually kill her. Be honest with yourselves, before you heard of this, were you?

So the bottom line is that, sometimes failing to tell someone that what they are doing could kill them, is illegal. If you can't "reasonably expect" them to know this information, you don't tell them, and they die....you might have just broken the law. If you disagree with this, take it up with the Supreme Court, but it actually is a law.

If these DJ's hadn't been joking on the air about dying from water intoxication, there wouldn't be a criminal investigation. But, as we all know, they did joke about it, they apparently didn't tell the contestants, and one of the contestants died. Like it or not, they broke the law.

Basically the Sheriff and DA are now waiting for the coroner to officially declare this death by water intoxication. Once that happens, they'll press charges.

You might not agree that people are legally responsible to look out for one another, but I am personally glad such laws are in place.

Kristi1696 said:

Nobody is disputing that she drank the water herself. And everybody knows that too much of anything is "bad". I'm sure she knew that too much water was "bad" and would make her sick, but the question is whether she knew it could actually kill her. Be honest with yourselves, before you heard of this, were you?

So the bottom line is that, sometimes failing to tell someone that what they are doing could kill them, is illegal. If you can't "reasonably expect" them to know this information, you don't tell them, and they die....you might have just broken the law. If you disagree with this, take it up with the Supreme Court, but it actually is a law.

If these DJ's hadn't been joking on the air about dying from water intoxication, there wouldn't be a criminal investigation. But, as we all know, they did joke about it, they apparently didn't tell the contestants, and one of the contestants died. Like it or not, they broke the law.

Basically the Sheriff and DA are now waiting for the coroner to officially declare this death by water intoxication. Once that happens, they'll press charges.

You might not agree that people are legally responsible to look out for one another, but I am personally glad such laws are in place.

Well i tried leaving this topic a while back cos it started to seem like i was banging my had against a wall... but if i was going to write one last statement to sum it all up. that would be it.

Well said Kristi1696.

Kristi1696 said:

Well this is going to be my final post to. But i'm being honest with you, I did know that. But you said something in your first paragragh "I'm sure she knew that too much water was "bad" and would make her sick, but the question is whether she knew it could actually kill her." To my knowledge everything that is bad for your health can kill you. Being sick is only the first part of it, then death comes if you can't get some type of help. But it wouldnt be bad if it couldnt harm( i think it means life threatening) you. and harm leads to death depending on how bad the situation. Yeah but anyway, this is a lesson anyway. But even if the person knew they could die, they would have still enter taking things lightly. So i don't see the reason to sue because most likely she would have still entered the contest. People just love danger.

Heh. Yet another hilarious WiiChat e-battle! Radio stations nowadays...sheesh. Just talk about random news and play your music. I say leave the contests alone, unless, you just have to call in to get your prize.

^^^ You are a sick sonofabitch.

So seriously..I read through most of this thread and am aghast at some of the things said here. Have mostly 12 year olds been posting in this topic, because the blatant lack of intelligence from some of you people is mind-blowing:confused:

Back