Downloads

Riviet

WiiChat Veteran
May 15, 2006
Sydney, Australia
Wii Online Code
3388-6355-5969-8398
I know we will be able to download games from older consoles of Nintendo, but will they have a cost and how will the whole internet thing work? Also will we be able to play online multiplayer games?

Riviet said:
I know we will be able to download games from older consoles of Nintendo, but will they have a cost and how will the whole internet thing work? Also will we be able to play online multiplayer games?

There will be a small fee for the games, this may be their biggest money maker. Super Smash Bros Brawl will be online. There couldnt be a better game to do that with.

Will the SSBM online thing be free or also require a fee? And how will we connect?

Riviet said:
Will the SSBM online thing be free or also require a fee? And how will we connect?

Truthfully I dont know. I'm guessing there shouldn't be a Nintendo Fee for online services. Unless you don't have internet at home their shouldnt be a fee.

Maybe it depends on the company who develops the game. For instance FF XI has a montly fee where as WoW doesnt.

i dont think that if the game is a first party ( made by nintendo) it wont be a fee, because nintendo is all about bringing people together like the same way that they did with the nintendo ds, their wifi connection ( WFC) is free and not pay, but other games such as third party developers they might have a system that you have to pay for online play, as for ssbb, i think that someone stated that they had no plans for online play, but they might have an online ranking system

masterchief-mario said:
sorry to mess up every thing that rumor is a lie ssbb will not be a online- wi-fi game read it in g4 news

Prove it. The last time I heard was that Brawl will have online, but it would be simple stuff and not have a leaderboard.

I read on these forums a while ago that there will be some sought of online play but it won't be like massive with thousands playing at any given time.

SSBB will have online play.

This quote is strait from ign.com

"Even better, the game will be fully online playable in addition to featuring a robust multiplayer mode. "My plan is to include Wi-Fi connection compatibility and online functionality. One of the primary reasons Super Smash Bros. Brawl was created was that Nintendo, when taking Wii online, wanted to have Smash Bros. to do that," added Sakurai."

Of course SSBB will have online. Nintendo would be losing a lot of money if it wasn't.

It's the wifi, just for the wii. It's the same principle as the ds, friendcodes and all.

Back