Dumb question, but what do i do when my blocks are filled up?

Ironford

WiiChat Member
Oct 23, 2007
i just got the VC actually i brought it to work to DL some games, anyways i bought a lot of points and i might use up all the blocks, at that point what are my options?

thanks

You will either have to delete some of your VC games (They will still be paid for and you can re-download them anytime you want) or you can buy an SD card ranging from 512 megs to 2 gigs.

Look at some of these

Unfortunately the SD card is only a partial solution. It doesn't add to your main memory. You have to manually move (copy/delete) stuff back and forth between the SD card and your main memory. PITA.

Apparently someone at Nintendo decided 512MB should be enough for anyone for the duration of the Wii's product life, without any regards to seamless upgradability for such a puny amount of memory. Anyone who wants to own a lot of games, or download a lot of Virtual Console games, or install a bunch of channels, or *gasp* heaven forbid, do multiples of the above, is basically screwed.

Re Dumb question

Apparently someone at Nintendo decided 512MB should be enough for anyone for the duration of the Wii's product life, without any regards to seamless upgradability for such a puny amount of memory. Anyone who wants to own a lot of games, or download a lot of Virtual Console games, or install a bunch of channels, or *gasp* heaven forbid, do multiples of the above, is basically screwed.

Nonsense...
Really, if you absolutely have to fill every single block then chances are if you go through them all & ask your self the question "have I accessed that in the last month?" You'll be able to answer No to a fair few...
Stick those on an SD card & if you really fancy going back to them in later months you can...

I do concede though that Nintendo should have made them capable of playing direct from the SD card rather than having to copy back & forth.

ChazzaMax

Heh, that's a lot of channels you guys use then.
I can only suggest transferring games you don't play that often to an SD card, maybe multiple.

Ironford said:
i just got the VC actually i brought it to work to DL some games, anyways i bought a lot of points and i might use up all the blocks, at that point what are my options?

thanks

How many points did you get anyway? You'll need several hundred dollars worth to buy enough games to fill up the memory storage.

Last edited:
Not necessarily. If he bought eight 64 games plus all of the channels and whatnot, and maybe a high amount of saved game data and there you go. It's getting close to maxing out. (If it hasn't already)

nic7 said:
Not necessarily. If he bought eight 64 games plus all of the channels and whatnot, and maybe a high amount of saved game data and there you go. It's getting close to maxing out. (If it hasn't already)
I'd guess around 8 N64 games, 8 Snes games plus the channels would be closer to maxing out. Not sure though as i only have 2 of each and the channels at the moment.

all it takes is a firmware update from Nintendo to make SD cards an expansion of the wii's 512MB, which I hope they will do soon, if at all

ROB64 said:
all it takes is a firmware update from Nintendo to make SD cards an expansion of the wii's 512MB, which I hope they will do soon, if at all
I'm beginning to think that instead of expandable memory for the Wii, we'll see a "Wii: Edition 2" with more memory, and perhaps other "enhancements" like DVD playback, and color options.

I like how some people's responses were " well, you shouldnt use that much memory" like you arent supposed to enjoy the damned $1000 worth of crap you buy....mine is almost full as well.

also, I cant wait till they make different colored wii;s that dont play my VC games anymore.....that would be totally sweet to throw away $200 to have a red wii.

ROB64 said:
even so you have to consider the future. The neo geo games as well as new n64 or possible sega saturn games.......the max memory availible on an SD card is around 4GB to 8GB within a decent price range. we are gonna need at least a 40 gb hard drive or better for the life of the wii to solve these storage problems. Come on Nintendo!!!

Back