E3 2008 To Reveal Big Things For Nintendo?

mother/earthbound 4!

that would be SOOOOO cool. i dont see why nintendo refuses to believe western gamers want those games!!!! despite the hundreds of thousands of people asking them to release them anually, they still don't do it.

Skorp said:
Did they cancel project hammer? Or is that still in dev?
It was put on the shelf apparently...

It should so make a comeback in E3, it looked sweet..

You know what I would really like to hear?

More third party support. MORE THIRD PARTY SUPPORT, NINTENDO.

Could be the Kid Icarus game rumoured to be in the works a little while ago?

I hope it's Donkey Kong though. I loved the Donkey Kong Country series and I'd do anything for a new Donkey Kong platformer. Why would the interviewer randomly talk about Donkey Kong? I hope he has inside info or something.

It could be Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Star Fox and god knows what else. The only franchise I really crave a new game for is Donkey Kong so I'm hope it's that. I won't hold my breath though - I think everyone's favourite gaming gorrilla has been confined to offbeat and/or poor games like Donkey Konga, Jungle Climber and Jet Race.

I would love to see Project Hammer back in development, I thought that had lots of potential. I don't think it would be Red Steel 2 either. If Donkey Kong Wii were to be similar to the N64 one then I would look into it.

Here's more info, summed up a bit nicer.
Looking forward to some new Nintendo announcements? Might want to hold tight until about July, according to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime. He tells Geoff Keighley on the newest GameTrailers TV that the company will be announcing the second half of '08's line-up at E3. What's on tap? Mostly misdirection and fanboy teasing, it sounds like.

When asked if the orchestra conductor demo from E3 2006 would make an appearance, Reggie said "Who knows? Maybe that's one of the things we'll talk about at E3." He similarly dodged a Donkey Kong Wii question.

Fils-Aime said that Nintendo's post-E3 releases will be "maximizing all of our key franchises," teasing something the hardcore userbase will be frothing over. F-Zero? Pilotwings? Something Zelda-related? What is it?!

Reggie was cagey. "There's gonna be a big game for the holiday that the gamers will want," he said. "All I can tell you is what we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic. The gamer is gonna be excited and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

Who wants to start making some educated guesses? I've got a rupee on Kid Icarus. Wait, scratch that. Tingle Prime.

So there it is again, the gamer is going to be excited as well as the expanded audience. And they are looking to be expanding all their key franchises. Wow E3 is sounding better by the minute. It could be the Icarus title, as it was said to be in development and Factor 5 was going to be making it. They were looking to be maxing out the hardware so maybe thats what will make it so fantastic? I am stumped personally, hopefully we hear more rumors before July comes around, if not I know I will be trying to find a video of E3 2008 somewhere.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the big franchises like Starfox and Animal Crossing when he said "gamer's game"

Shoko said:
I'm pretty sure he's talking about the big franchises like Starfox and Animal Crossing when he said "gamer's game"

Yeah, thats the expanding franchises bit. But we know about Animal Crossing already, thats releasing in Japan soon and with Brawl out recently StarFox is fresh in our minds. StarFox could be the gamers game though, and the other franchises could be Animal Crossing, Pikmin 3, etc. I just don't see Animal Crossing being a "gamers" game, even with online (I love the games, but still).

I would love a new Starfox game in the same vein of Starfox Assault, I'm the only person in the world who loves it I'm sure..but I don't care. The multiplayer was awesome, expand it and take it online and in my books you have a winner!

Pikmin 3 would be so sweet too, the others were so fantastic. I would love for this to go online again, for co-op and battle mode...I thought battle was awesome in the last one, more so when your captain gets covered in pikmin!

How cool would F-Zero be with tilt control be also (if it was optional to please you all)..I love the idea of seeing somebody to my side and swinging my remote in thier direction in order to swing my racer into them, lodging them against the barrier, with the rumble going ape and the sparks flying everywhere, before swinging back the other way to launch away from the firey husk of a ship.

I would like to see the headset i have read about at ign. Starfox online would be amazing. Too bad microsoft bought ace combat, i would like to see a modern warfare game. Maybe they gonna put call of duty 4 on here lol.. ya right i love to hear "gamers game"

Back