EDTV & Call Of Duty 3

airhammer

WiiChat Member
Feb 28, 2007
I have just purchased a HD projector and i am running my Wii on to it!
This works fine in the Wii GUI and works great with Zelda but when i try to play Call Of Duty 3 the screen scrambles and i am unable to see the images i can just make out parts of the game. anyone got any ideas to what is causing this?

take the projector back to the store and say what the hell is wrong fix it

I too am running on a HD DVD Projector and with no graphical problems whatsoever - I would check your game disk on a normal ctrTV. What cables are you using? I am using the rgb cables straight out of the box.

One thing I have noticed - and you may be able to back me up here - the control system on COD3 is very very buggy - i.e I lose control of my man, spins round and round, jerky and unresponsive whilst aiming, shoots in random bursts....the biggest one regards driving, completely unresponsive, I have tried all ways to steer but it does what it wants.
Have you noticed the same issues or is it just me???

Apart from that a top game.

Rolex said:
I too am running on a HD DVD Projector and with no graphical problems whatsoever - I would check your game disk on a normal ctrTV. What cables are you using? I am using the rgb cables straight out of the box.

One thing I have noticed - and you may be able to back me up here - the control system on COD3 is very very buggy - i.e I lose control of my man, spins round and round, jerky and unresponsive whilst aiming, shoots in random bursts....the biggest one regards driving, completely unresponsive, I have tried all ways to steer but it does what it wants.
Have you noticed the same issues or is it just me???

Apart from that a top game.

THis may be the prob my proj only has dsub input so i am using a convertor to convert the Wii hd cable to dsub, i am just wondering if thats what is causing the problem

Sounds likely - I couldn't get hold of an adapter to use the component cable so for the minute the rgb cables are fine - give it a shot it may work out. Picture quality isn't too bad really either.

What about the responsiveness issues....?

BTW if you're in the UK - where did you get the adapter from?

Last edited:
I got the adapter from ebay and yes i am in the UK its the only way to get HD via vga at the moment until Wii release a vga hd cable. in response to yoour question about the control system being buggy i have not had that problem, found it very smooth and responsive.

Back