everybody's nintendo channel

It's POSSIBLE that we'll get playable Wii demos, but they would have to be very limited. It's actually much more likely as part of the WiiWare setup once that come out, since it will allow for small interactive Wii games.

well if they did make them where they are demo's for wii then the will be really compressed files

Finally a channel that may actually get some use from me!

However in typical Nintendo fashion they go and shoot themselves in the foot by not including a Harddisk. They have crippled the potential of the Wii online service before its even got going and the Wii in general by not providing or allowing HD storage.

I remember when Graphic Adventures came on 11 Floppy Disks (yes I'm old) and had to be swapped in and out about a million times, what was Nintendo thinking using SD Cards as the only method of storage!

Think about it, in two years time how many SD Cards will you have lying around if you want to store downloaded Wii content and save games.

Hideous.ape

So, keep in mind that the Wii has 2 USB ports.
It wouldn't be a terribly complex update to add HD Drivers to the system, and use USB hard drives.

I accept that but why didn't they use that as an added feature when launching the Wii. Nintendo will say we focus on just selling games consoles and not an "everything under the sun console". Yet we now hear they have to turn around and launch a DVD ready Wii. People will say to me if you want all these features buy a PS3 or 360 but I want these features in a Nintendo machine. In two years time through Firmware Updates and retarded DVD ready launches the Wii is gonna be just like those other consoles. Seems flawed to have downloadable content which will only increase as the service gets better and not allow a cheap mass storage medium from day one. Nintendo don't seem to understand we are not Japanese, they like to have lots of gadgets doing specific tasks. I would prefer to use one machine for entertainment in my living room.

Ever since the Playstation launched with the ability to play music cds the world has moved on, hell my 5 years old chipped Xbox has a better all-round featureset than the Wii. The new control method is the only thing innovative about the Wii everything else is a step sideways if not backwards. My old Xbox will continue to be used more often than the Wii simply because it has:

- a 320Gig HD
- plays DVDs, AVIs, MP3s, Photos
- a fully customisable OS
- plays online games with voice chat, etc.

The Weather channel? The Photo Channel? The News Channel? my beer stained Xbox can already do this as well as:

- stream or download Apple movie trailers and Youtube Videos
- search and download from Google Images
- stream Radio/Podcasts
- send and recieve emails
- download RSS Feeds
- surfs the net
- has lots of scripts for other online features that I have no interest in

I am a Nintendo fan but they repeatedly make these sort of stupid design decisions that just annoy me!
And ultimately cripple the machine itself.

Hideous.ape (it says hideous.ap as my user name, wasn't paying attention when I signed up....doh!)

TiwazTyrsfist said:
So, keep in mind that the Wii has 2 USB ports.
It wouldn't be a terribly complex update to add HD Drivers to the system, and use USB hard drives.

games cant run off of a usb hard drive :(

Jay588 said:
games cant run off of a usb hard drive :(

Why not?
When my Lap top crapped out, I put the HD in a USB enclosure, plugged it into my Desktop and played WoW off of it for a month.

I know, for a fact, that you can run programs, including Memory intensive games, off a USB hard drive, particularly with USB 2.0, which is what the ports on the Wii are.

So, why exactly couldn't you use a USB HD to store WiiWare games and Wii game Demos?

Have to agree!

All my Xbox games are ripped to the 320Gig IDE HD and they play directly from the HD. Loading times are twice if not three times faster than running the games from the original DVDs.

Not sure whether the latest External USB 2.0 HD's are that much slower than an IDE HD, if at all.

TiwazTyrsfist said:
So, why exactly couldn't you use a USB HD to store WiiWare games and Wii game Demos?

Because Nintendo has not enabled that capability in the Wii OS.

hideous.ap said:
I accept that but why didn't they use that as an added feature when launching the Wii. Nintendo will say we focus on just selling games consoles and not an "everything under the sun console". Yet we now hear they have to turn around and launch a DVD ready Wii. People will say to me if you want all these features buy a PS3 or 360 but I want these features in a Nintendo machine. In two years time through Firmware Updates and retarded DVD ready launches the Wii is gonna be just like those other consoles. Seems flawed to have downloadable content which will only increase as the service gets better and not allow a cheap mass storage medium from day one. Nintendo don't seem to understand we are not Japanese, they like to have lots of gadgets doing specific tasks. I would prefer to use one machine for entertainment in my living room.

Ever since the Playstation launched with the ability to play music cds the world has moved on, hell my 5 years old chipped Xbox has a better all-round featureset than the Wii. The new control method is the only thing innovative about the Wii everything else is a step sideways if not backwards. My old Xbox will continue to be used more often than the Wii simply because it has:

- a 320Gig HD
- plays DVDs, AVIs, MP3s, Photos
- a fully customisable OS
- plays online games with voice chat, etc.

The Weather channel? The Photo Channel? The News Channel? my beer stained Xbox can already do this as well as:

- stream or download Apple movie trailers and Youtube Videos
- search and download from Google Images
- stream Radio/Podcasts
- send and recieve emails
- download RSS Feeds
- surfs the net
- has lots of scripts for other online features that I have no interest in

I am a Nintendo fan but they repeatedly make these sort of stupid design decisions that just annoy me!
And ultimately cripple the machine itself.

Hideous.ape (it says hideous.ap as my user name, wasn't paying attention when I signed up....doh!)
i think your a retard.

Now think to your self, you insult the wii. a GAMEING console, okay. now think again, Why should a gameing console be able to play dvd's play music, have internet, download new things, check weather, and check the news? It shouldnt, its a GAMING console. and theres a reason computers and t.v's exist, do you wanna know the big secret mister? alright now lemme tell you in a quiet tone. To do the things that i listed up there.. Nintendo actually did better than the others gaming wize. considering they evolved. and ps3 and xbox are still on controllers. atleast ps3 tried to get a little motion sensory. now i can accept the fact that nintendo not having voice chat may suck along with the ''bad'' graphics. but the rest can go to hell for me. thats the reason im on my computer, looking at a news website, looking at photo's i just took of my family, going on the internet to make you feel stupid, and to send emails to my friends. now if you want a GAMEING console to do all that? mabye they should rename it.

Easy there tiger! With your font sizes and what not!

You obviously missed the whole "I am a Nintendo Fan" bit.
You may want to go back and read my previous posts again cause I don't think you understood what I wrote.

Why would a console need to do all these things? The same reason an iPod plays video or the iPhone has Net access..... its called DIGITAL CONVERGENCE! Google it if you don't know what that is!

The discussion was originally about the Everybody Channel which then developed into a discussion about how the Wii would be able to store everything as more content becomes available online.

I happen to love the Wii but its stupid that there is no HD included. That was my main point!

Surely the fact that the Wii has Net Access, Photo Channel, News Channel, Weather Channel, etc goes against your own argument. Quick you better send it to me and get out your Super Nintendo. Now thats a gaming console no added features there, just good old fashioned gaming! Oh wait that had a modem aswell. Nuts!

P.s Get a dictionary, Wiitard.

Well i heard that the lunch of the everybody's Nintendo channel is going to be.....

November 28th, 2007

Yay the channel comes on my birthday...

matthewj, can you give a link to where you found this info

People can give all the opinions they want, but a demo is far more accurate. Gamespot has been crap lately, I can't rely on them for game scores, they seem to be loyal to FPS games and nothing else. A demo channel would help a lot.

Back