Exam Results!

Haha, I remember my gifted and talented days in primary school.

We got the harder work which was still pretty easy. The children that found work I will say well they got onto a computer program, every maths lessons, the program was IM maths or something like that, it was just simple questions like how many sides has this shape got? Join the questions to the answers!
Yet a few of them still failed didnt manage to get 100% on these programs, fair enough to those with a mental issue but for the others, just concentrate in lessons and dont muck about, is it that hard. In Year 5 There was me and 2 others I think that got selected for extra maths lessons out side of school. It revolved around things such as algebra and Pi and such. yet when we went back to school, it just pulled us back down again. Now in the results for the year 6 SATS I got the highest levels across the board. Me and a friend got selected for a gifted and talented 'summer school':lol: Now this I enjoyed, you learnt a lot but still didnt mind doing it. We done things like Kites from china and doing computer related thigns like stop start animation.

A Issue I have with the 'set' system is that you are set from other subjects. For example to be in the top set for history you have to be the top for english, so if you fail in english yet are a revalation in history, what will happen? you get put low. The P.E set's at my school are done by using the levels from subjects like Science and Maths. It should be each individual subject set not the way it is set out now.

Cpt.McCloud said:
A Issue I have with the 'set' system is that you are set from other subjects. For example to be in the top set for history you have to be the top for english, so if you fail in english yet are a revalation in history, what will happen? you get put low. The P.E set's at my school are done by using the levels from subjects like Science and Maths. It should be each individual subject set not the way it is set out now.
Yeah some setting systems are awful. Our sets for P.E./Games was done by whether or not you were in a sports team. Now I suppose that's fair enough, but it's still a bit stupid. I wasn't in a team, but I still played football with men every Sunday, and I was generally quite sporty. But because I wasn't in a team I got put with all the 'others', who mostly ended up like not being able to run and things without falling over. This was fun though because I kicked everyone's ass :cool:
The history and English thing is stupid though.

Lewi T said:
Yeah some setting systems are awful. Our sets for P.E./Games was done by whether or not you were in a sports team. Now I suppose that's fair enough, but it's still a bit stupid. I wasn't in a team, but I still played football with men every Sunday, and I was generally quite sporty. But because I wasn't in a team I got put with all the 'others', who mostly ended up like not being able to run and things without falling over. This was fun though because I kicked everyone's ass :cool:
The history and English thing is stupid though.

None of the subjects are by themselves.

Each set is linked with another.

So if you have no idea what a number is, but love electrons, you will be in set 1 maths.

Cpt.McCloud said:
None of the subjects are by themselves.

Each set is linked with another.

So if you have no idea what a number is, but love electrons, you will be in set 1 maths.
Lmao, that made me laugh...I don't think ours was that bad like, although what my school tended to do was put any new kids in set 1, and go from there. Of course, they still did that when a Chinese lad came and needed a pocket translator to talk, and they put him in set 1 English.

Lewi T said:
Lmao, that made me laugh...I don't think ours was that bad like, although what my school tended to do was put any new kids in set 1, and go from there. Of course, they still did that when a Chinese lad came and needed a pocket translator to talk, and they put him in set 1 English.

Yes, we have some one who comes every now and again from guatamala, he is returning in october I will see what happens then.

Last time he was here some people just taught him words like 'whore' and stuff in English, it was pathetic.

Ahhh, the set system. Maths and science used to be linked together, they stopped and went individual in year 8.

Things like PE are clumped together, as is art, music and the subjects which only require talent rather than intelligence. =/

LMFAO..... sounds really ghey. We choose our classes. Within reason (scheduling mostly), you can specialize in anything you want. (restricted only by class offerings, although there's an "independent studies" class.

US FTW!

Frogger said:
Ahhh, the set system. Maths and science used to be linked together, they stopped and went individual in year 8.

Things like PE are clumped together, as is art, music and the subjects which only require talent rather than intelligence. =/

Mmmmm

My school for the win.

Seriously, next tuesday it all begins for my year so I will see how it goes.

Back