External Harddrive on the Wii, got it to work?

iplaywii

Nintendo Wii
Dec 7, 2006
Yeah, so I know this topic has been brought up, but has anyone actually got an external harddrive or USB jumpdrive to work on the Nintendo Wii? I read some stuff about formatting the drive to FAT32 and then Wii would pick it up as an SD card, but that's not the case with my experimenting!

Any luck with anyone else?

iplaywii said:
Yeah, so I know this topic has been brought up, but has anyone actually got an external harddrive or USB jumpdrive to work on the Nintendo Wii? I read some stuff about formatting the drive to FAT32 and then Wii would pick it up as an SD card, but that's not the case with my experimenting!

Any luck with anyone else?

The whole picking it up as an SD card was a hoax/rumor that the guy who started it admitted to lying.

We'll that's good to know! I guess Nintendo will put out an update for external devices later!

vagrant said:
I would put a very large bet on that.

hmmm...how are you so sure though vagrant? why would Nintendo put support for external harddrives/jump drives later? they would only be used for movies or music right? and if that were the case why not just make the Wii be able to read CD's and DVD's? otherwise, it would just leave the Wii open for someone to find a way to emulate games on it

well, atleast thats all i can think of. I'm half asleep and hopped up on cough syrup, and its 3AM here so I may not be thinking everything as thoroughly as I would want to

-SpideyKonfusion x_X

Back