FAQ: Most commonly asked Wii questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
With the influx of new members looking for answers to the same Wii questions i decided it would be a good idea to comprise a small FAQ of the most common Wii question threads.

Hopefully this should cut down on the many dupe threads across the forum regarding this information. If anyone would like to add anything to this FAQ just let me know.

Additionally as more information is known i will update this FAQ accordingly :)

General

What is the Wii’s release date?
Up to now Nintendo have not given an official release date for the console. There has been much speculation that Nintendo are currently shooting for an October to November window and before Christmas in Europe.

How much will the Wii console cost?
According to an article in Bloomberg.com, Yoshihiro Mori (Nintendo’s senior MD) was quoted as saying that "the player won't cost more than 25,000 yen".

That equates to roughly ~$223 / ~£119

So that ties in with the other reports regarding the wii price, still no official confirmation but i think this is pretty much a guaranteed price range.

Full article: http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...rI&refer=japan

Where can i preorder a Wii?

Currently there is no definitive list of stores that are accepting preorders, many people have had success at local EB stores but again this is varying from location to location.

If you have successfully managed to preorder the console then let me know and I will add the store location and details to the list.

Confirmed pre-order stores.

UK
--

US
--
EB and GameStop Walnut Creek,California

REST
------
EB Games Bunbury in Western Australia.

Pre-order Online:
http://www.lik-sang.com

Games

How much will the Wii games cost?
Again, Nintendo have not officially confirmed any price range for the Wii games although Nintendo President Iwata has been quoted as saying that he can’t imagine any first-party games costing more than $50.

What are the launch titles?
Below is a list of reported launch titles but this has neither been confirmed nor denied by Nintendo:

Blitz: The League
Call of Duty 3
Cars
Dragon Quest Swords
Elebits
Excite Truck
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Madden NFL 2007
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Metal Slug Anthology
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
Wii Sports

Virtual Console

What is the Virtual Console?
The VC is a download service for the Wii console. It will allow users to purchase and download past Nintendo titles from the N64/SNES/NES systems.

Where are these games stored?
The games will be downloaded and stored on the Wii console itself, the console has a built-in 512mb Flash Memory, alternatively the Wii has support for USB storage devices as well as support for SD cards.

How much will the VC games cost?

Nintendo have not released any specific details regarding the price of the VC games, it is speculated that the cost will vary from title to title depending on the console it’s from and the popularity of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back