FarCry Vengance Reveiw

Wii-bert said:
so is there a classified forum for those that want to sell games or trade?

No, and you should have just waited until it was released to decide if you wanted to buy it or not. It's not like it's going to be hard to find a copy.

vagrant said:
No, and you should have just waited until it was released to decide if you wanted to buy it or not. It's not like it's going to be hard to find a copy.
Well its a little too late for that isn't it? and actually Far Cry sold out in my area. I only got a copy because I reserved it

sweet mother I am loving this game.

The whole

riding the jetski to get to the 3 different islands, and having to blow the 4 watch towers at the marijuana plantation
is fun stuff.

vagrant said:
sweet mother I am loving this game.

The whole

riding the jetski to get to the 3 different islands, and having to blow the 4 watch towers at the marijuana plantation
is fun stuff.
so you like the game? I haven't played it. What are your thoughts on it? gameplay? control? graphics?

yeah. the game is a lot of fun running and gunning, but a technical mess. once you get into you don't notice that as much.

You mean when you stop being overly critical?

This is why they have review videos and ratings and such. So you know what you are getting.

You shouldn't be expecting so much out of games in the beginning of a console era, like Far Cry was suppose to be a launch game and the saying goes that you shouldn't take much on launch titles.

Anyways, this is Ubisoft we're talking about. Don't you know their slogan?
"Quanity over quality!" - Ubisoft.

hmm...seems worth a rent..i played red steel and i didnt think the controls were absolutely terrible like many have said...still havent gotten my FPS yet, its between far cry and CoD3 although i hear CoD3 is very short so maybe just worth a rental...how long is Far Cry?

IGN just reviewed this.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/751/751136p1.html

They gave it 4/10

Here is a quote about the ingame cinematics, which should be awesome compared to gameplay generally.

However, the Wii version begins with a jarringly compressed and blurry cinematic that should be running in real-time, but isn't. The first time we laid eyes on it, we thought that our test television had malfunctioned and we checked the settings

LMAO!

I know Matt really likes the Wii console, and rated a quite a few Wii games fairly high, but wow 4.

Last edited:
bigstrickler said:
oh wow...thats pretty bad...considering IGN is usually generous atleast compared to gamespot heh

Yeah, Matt was not very impressed with it. He did say that he felt the controls were much better than Red Steel. He also stated for the Wii being more powerful than the Xbox, it should have had much nicer graphics as well.

What he said that is that the game looks like a rush-job and there are tons of technical and AI-logic crappiness.

wow...I was kinda hoping for something good, the reader reviews seem to be giving higher scores on IGN though.

Back