favorite band?

PaPeRoRPlAsTiC

Black Fang Slayer
Feb 15, 2007
personally, i love rock, classic rock, and alternative. the best and most talented band in my opinion out there is Muse:cornut:. dont argue with that please, i dont want to get mad at you lol. and if you say fall out boy, do this to yourself:mad2: lol some of my other favorites are Keane, Journey, and a local band who will be big really soon called Seabird. who is your favorite?

Uhh, I'd have to say Red Hot Chili Peppers. I just got into them about a month before they released Stadium Arcadium. They are definitely my favorite band. Right behind The Mars Volta. There's quite a list on my MySpace, but I don't feel like lookin at it.

My favorite by far is Story of the Year. I have a tattoo of their band crest on my chest. After I met the band and showed them my tat they put a picture of my tattoo as the main pic on their MySpace page.

Some of the other bands I listen to alot are 30 Seconds to Mars, Monty Are I, Anberlin, Offspring, Killswitch Engage, and Hinder

Last edited:
Mustard Plug, G.B.H., The Misfits, Subhumans, Mad Sin. Lol no offense but the music you guys listen to is a little too.... emo-ish... :D

Wiinoob said:
Mustard Plug, G.B.H., The Misfits, Subhumans, Mad Sin. Lol no offense but the music you guys listen to is a little too.... emo-ish... :D

Michael Graves Misfits or Glen Danzig Misfits? Both are cool, but obviously Danzig Misfits rule over MG Misfits any day!

My favorite band, without a doubt, is Pink Floyd. My eyes will honestly tear up listening to their music and even watching their live videos. Not a sad tearing up, but a way of tearing up thats hard to describe. Like my sense of hearing has been given the ultimate gift, that nothing else from that point in time and on will EVER top what I'm listening to at that very moment.

Some of the best lyrics to EVER be written by anybody are Pink Floyd lyrics. Of course this is only my opinion, some will agree, some will not.

Here are just a few of my all time favorite Pink Floyd lyrics. No lie, I listen to Pink Floyd constantly and I still get goosebumps every time I hear these lyrics:

"The child is grown, the dream is gone"

"We're just two lost souls
Swimming in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears"

"And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
Run, run rabbit run
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to start another one
For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race toward an early grave."

This next one is from "Time", my all time favorite song, by far, of all genres and bands. I will listen to this song over and over again and love it that much more every time I hear it. I will have goosebumps throughout this entire song, and when I'm in my truck I feel that I can't turn this song up loud enough, even though it's not a "rockin'" song, I still can't help blaring it as loud as I can every chance I get.

"You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
And you run and you run to catch up with the sun, but it's sinking
And racing around to come up behind you again
The sun is the same in the relative way, but you're older
And shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines"

Well I'll stop there, I could go on all night.

paintba||er said:
Offspring, The Used, Silverstein, The Fratellis, Underoath, Greenday, Blink 182, My Chemical Romance, Sum 41, System of a Down, Hawthorn Heights, Rammstein, Die Toten Hosen, Die Prinzen, ect. I could go on forever.
your goin to hell
oh yeah and mine is black sabbath, thin lizzy, mettalica, system, pantera there loads

WiiNoob has got it right. you guys are ****ing idiots. no offense. but all your music is pretty much the same crying b.s.

slap in some johnny thunders, misfits, iggy pop or some good ol chuck berry and there is some real music.

I like new music. Just how I am. Most of the previously named bands I don't think have released a CD this millenium, and if they have it wasn't good a.k.a. System. Some of the bands I have never heard of so I can't comment on those.

Jorge said:
I like new music. Just how I am. Most of the previously named bands I don't think have released a CD this millenium, and if they have it wasn't good a.k.a. System. Some of the bands I have never heard of so I can't comment on those.

A good way to tell if a new band is worth listening to or not is their name.

If it's a sentence fragment, stay away.

For example:

Fall Out Boy
Taking Back Sunday
Funeral For a Friend
From First to Last

RHCP is not emo. And some of those bands are emo. I used to listen to Green Day, but then the whole emo thing came to be, so I dropped them like a brick. They are good on occasion though.

fistpittingnork said:
Michael Graves Misfits or Glen Danzig Misfits? Both are cool, but obviously Danzig Misfits rule over MG Misfits any day!

Yeah definetly Glenn Danzig Misfits, Jerry Only is a douche lol :D

Too prevent a musical rant, I'll limit myself to the top five (I love music far more than video games...):

DeVotchKa, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Jeff Buckley, The Clash, Screaming Trees

Back