FIFA games producer: It's time to stop bad-mouthing EA

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
"It's time to stop bad-mouthing EA." This is what David Rutter, producer for Electronic Arts FIFA game franchise, had to say to the naysayers and critics that have nothing but the worst to say about his company. There has been a lot of EA-bashing for some time now, so Rutter comes to EA's defense, with a small confession of his own.

“It does upset me that people bad-mouth EA, and I used to be one of those people," he admitted. "But the fact that I am allowed to spend so much money on making good gameplay, without having to do anything gimmicky, to me speaks volumes of the work Peter Moore and other people in the organization are doing." This is coming from the guy that Moore tasked with the heavy burden of topping FIFA's performance last year.

“I am extremely proud and privileged to be doing this job,” he said. And by "this job" he means meeting Peter Moore's targets for FIFA 10 (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP, PC, PS2), which include getting a bigger slice of football's two billion fans than the 10 million they already have, plus netting an average score at Metacritic of 90 or better. With all the features they've already packed into FIFA 2010, the target may not be that far from grasp.

I'm totally in the same boat with Rutter here. EA isn't perfect, but they're working hard to change the image. Just like when some people bash QJ. There are shortcomings here and there, but we're all gamers working hard for the games we love.

Heres the link http://wii.qj.net/FIFA-games-producer-It-s-time-to-stop-bad-mouthing-EA/pg/49/aid/132026

Its hard not to bad mouth EA.
They have gone downhill faster than Jack.
I blame there re branding years ago.
EA sounds like some thing a Mancunian farmer would say where as Electronic Arts sounds like they'd take pride in there work

Back