Finally NEO GEO

matthewj

Online Gamer
Oct 18, 2007
Wii Online Code
0422-8426-6448-0738
finally they brought out the neo geo i hope they get done with the TG16 so there will be more neo geo and n64 games!!!

how many people have downloaded a neo geo game??? And tell me how many you have downloaded!!!

Please don't double post. I don't mind, but some people here hate it.

I'm gonna hold off the Neo Geo games for a while, since I don't know which games on the console were actually good. Also, there's a few anthology collections out for some series (e.g. Metal Slug) which would obviously be better value.

And it doesn't matter how many TG-16 games there are left, as they're Hudson's responsibility (anyway, they're moving onto TG-CD games now) whereas Neo Geo games are down to SNK/D4/whoever.

I think it is great that the NEO GEO is now available for the Wii virtual console :) , but don't diss TurboGrafx 16!

NEO GEO games of which I think should appear on the Virtual Console include:

Blue's Journey
Neo Bomberman
Viewpoint
League Bowling
Neo Geo Cup 98' : The Road To Final Victory
Riding Hero
Puzzle Bobble

zurukea said:
I havn't downloaded any, what is NeoGeo lolz, I feel sad, i should know, shouldn't I

It was a very expensive console released back in the 90s by SNK. It was mainly for arcade games, especially fighters.

Napalmbrain said:
It was a very expensive console released back in the 90s by SNK. It was mainly for arcade games, especially fighters.

The boards used in the arcade games were the same as what was in the console so you knew when you bought the cart it would be the same thing as the arcade version. The games were expensive, though. $100 for each cart. The system was $600 when it came out.

Anyway, the only experience I have with Neo Geo is playing the games in the arcade and the versions of the games that got released on the SNES, PSX, and Xbox. SNK is known for their fighting games. They've made several different ones and my favorite one was always Samurai Showdown II. Loved playing that at the arcade.

Also, the cartridges for this system are sought after collectors items. There are carts that sell on ebay for over $1000.

Napalmbrain said:
Please don't double post. I don't mind, but some people here hate it.

I'm gonna hold off the Neo Geo games for a while, since I don't know which games on the console were actually good. Also, there's a few anthology collections out for some series (e.g. Metal Slug) which would obviously be better value.

And it doesn't matter how many TG-16 games there are left, as they're Hudson's responsibility (anyway, they're moving onto TG-CD games now) whereas Neo Geo games are down to SNK/D4/whoever.

Oh i didn't know that nintendo didn't put the tg16 games on the virtual console!!! Well thats kinda cool to know!!! Why dont nintendo put out more games per week like 5 instead of 3!!!

matthewj said:
Oh i didn't know that nintendo didn't put the tg16 games on the virtual console!!! Well thats kinda cool to know!!! Why dont nintendo put out more games per week like 5 instead of 3!!!

I don't know, but I wish they would.

Where do I plug MAH neogeo cart ?

Games that need to be on it -
Wind jammers - Best frisbe game ever (think Mario football with only two players on the feld)
Garou mark of wolfs - A bit broken but a damn fine figher
Neo turf massters - Golf but good golf
Real bout speacil - Damn fine
Fighters history - lulz (but its good)

Neo Geo was a fantastic console, and a perfect example of what Virtual COnsole is all about - getting unknown, underplayed games out into the public. Neo Geo had some real gems and it is great that they finally have a chance to be publically released

I would LOVE to see Baseball stars professional. I bought a Neo Geo gold system just for that game. Fatal fury would also be sweet to see.

I played Neo Geo games in the arcade. It has some really good games. The same for the TG-16. I recommend Cadash, it's a 2 player action RPG for the TG-16. I think that can be true for most consoles. Except the N-gage, Virtual Boy and Philips CDi all consoles have at least 3 games worth checking out.

acrbill said:
I would LOVE to see Baseball stars professional. I bought a Neo Geo gold system just for that game. Fatal fury would also be sweet to see.

Fatal furys allready out on it

I will have to say it was a great system games i would want them to bring would be.

King of Fighters 94 thru 99
Samurai showdown 1 and 2
Super spy

Back