flash light fix??

Ya well I'm trying and I can't seem to get it to work. Is it a special kind of light maybe.

I tried it last night and no you don't need any special kind of flashlight, any flashlight will do, but the flashlight or flashlights have to be turned on first.

Yes, it is a great fix. People say that the Wii sucks. Once they see this, they will wish the XBox or ps3 can do it.

How many flash lights did you use? How big were they? And how did you do it?

Turn on the lights first, then turn on the wii and press A.

Or the wii was already on then you turned the lights on and started using the remotes.

What worked for you.

How many flash lights did you use? How big were they? And how did you do it?

Turn on the lights first, then turn on the wii and press A.

Or the wii was already on then you turned the lights on and started using the remotes.

What worked for you.

I used one flashlight, turned on the switch, fired up my wii and pressed A and started using the wii remote, i should've used 2 or 3 flashlight, only 1 flashlight sucked, more the better, at least it works its a all go.

Yes, I tried this last night and it worked. This makes me wonder, ho dose is work when it isn't connected to anything? No connections to the tv, the Wii, nothing!

Well not working for me. The wireless sensor bar works but not my flashlights. Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Anyhow if you read he says the bar does not send data to the wii. It is just for powering the bar. The bar is just light flashing in to the remote and that sends data to the cursor and then it goes on the tv.

So it doesn't need to connect to the wii. It's only for power anyway.

Because otherwise wireless sensor bars would never exists in theory if they needed to be plugged in to send data.

And here is basically the same thing but with 2 candles on top of his tv.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/replace-your-wii-sensor-bar/9742-1_53-50004759.html

However I don't recommend that cuz you could burn the house down so don't try it.

Last edited:
Because the light goes into the remote and the remote picks up the signal and sends it to the tv.

Like when you take a flash light and make shadow puppets with your hands. If no light then no puppets. The shadows don't need a data cable. It is the same with the wii.

And what kinda light did you use? Standard yellow light or blue led new flash light?

Just found this. Pretty cool. Has anyone heard of this before or tried this.

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/wii/no-sensor-bar-andremp-says-use-flashlights-instead.html

Wow! If the sensor on a PS3 or XBox fail, there is almost no options to fix it.

The Wii controllers use a wireless bluetooth connection to the console just the same as the PS3 (and similar to the 360). The sensor bar is not how the remote communicates with the console.

Then what is the sensor bar for?

The sensor bar is just two infrared lights (one at each end of the bar). There's an infrared detector in the front of the Wii remote that can see those lights. It can then check the position of those lights to determine where on the screen you are pointing the remote. So the sensor bar is basically sending, not receiving. You can see how the remote sees those lights by going to the Sensitivity settings. It shows a black screen with two white dots (those infrared lights from the sensor bar).

This is also why the pointer disappears from the screen if you put your hand in front of the remote - you are blocking the remote's ability to see the sensor bar.

So the flashlight basically then is doing the same thing essentially replacing the need for a sensor bar right?

Back