sensor bar wireless

pizzaluvr

world crown chimpokomastr
Sep 19, 2006
NW Arkansas
the sensor bar is wireless, it just uses the cable for power
Wii sensor bar hax0red - Engadget

you can just put too regular remotes under your tv, and press the buttons fast(i tried, you can't just hold it down, it probably depends on the remote) and you can use the wiimote

the sensor bar is just rf signals, and the wii mote bounces the signals off, kinds like echolocation

Surely the sensor bar doesn't take too much power? Though I might be wrong, if I'm right, they should make a wireless sensor bar, which is powered by light (like a calculator) or to be powered by batteries, as long as the batteries don't run out for about a month of non-stop using, otherwise I'm happy with just using the normal sensor bar, looks like it'll be quite cool to look at, though finding a neat place to put the wire might turn out to be a problem.

Does the sensor bar plug into a wall outlet or into the Wii console itself? If I'm not mistaken, I think it's the Wii console itself but tell me if other.

EK987 said:
Does the sensor bar plug into a wall outlet or into the Wii console itself? If I'm not mistaken, I think it's the Wii console itself but tell me if other.
yeah ur right it is plugged into the wii!

yes. they need a wireless sensorbar, the wire is just a problem...and yes it is definately plugged into the wii

Wiired said:
Surely the sensor bar doesn't take too much power? Though I might be wrong, if I'm right, they should make a wireless sensor bar, which is powered by light (like a calculator) or to be powered by batteries, as long as the batteries don't run out for about a month of non-stop using, otherwise I'm happy with just using the normal sensor bar, looks like it'll be quite cool to look at, though finding a neat place to put the wire might turn out to be a problem.
Nice ideas.:D I was thinking about a wireless sensor bar too and it would be cool if they made it about the same size as the normal sensor bar, but make it so it's powered by two rechargeable AA batteries which could be recharged by either the Wii Remote Charge station or just a normal battery charger, or...it could just have a built-in rechargeable pack that could be recharged by the Wii. Yeah, what if this wireless sensor bar had a retractable 20-30 inch/50-76cm cord!? That way, you when it's running out of juice, just plug it into to Wii. It would also be nice if they made the wireless sensor bar a bit more weighted because on some TVs it almost fell off because of the weight of the cord connecting it to the Wii.

Use Candles,that's wireless:idea:
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1vQFchFr_Q&eurl=[/MEDIA]

Yea, candles should work but they get in the way of the screen.

I'm guessing they work because they give off infrared light and I think that's what how the Wii remote connects to the sensor bar. I'm no rocket scientist so I'm not positive.

EK987 said:
Yea, candles should work but they get in the way of the screen.

I'm guessing they work because they give off infrared light and I think that's what how the Wii remote connects to the sensor bar. I'm no rocket scientist so I'm not positive.
Yea you're right, so really all the sensor bar does is give off 2 points of infrared light. It really has nothing to do with being connected with Wii other than an energy source.
P.S. 500th Post took me long enough:D

Last edited:
Back