FPS Games on Consoles

So far in FPS domination: WASD+Mouse > Controller

With the Wii, how well will it handle? We'll have to see. So far, it has to be at least: WASD+Mouse > Wiimote > Controller.

My thoughts: With aiming, the Wiimote and Mouse will most likely have the same accuracy and will only depend on your own preference. Movement (very key in all shooters) will possibly make the keyboard still the dominant one because the Joystick on the Nunchuck just isn't faster than WASD. The mouse also helps you move around by aiming in the direction you want to go, fast and easy. The Wiimote can't turn as fast as the mouse so movement won't be as precise as mouse+key. So in conclusion, most likely: Wiimote = WASD+Mouse > Controller in aiming. overall i think that still WASD+Mouse > Wiimote > controller. At least i think the Wiimote will most likely dominate the controller in a sniping match.

So long as they make sure that their turning sensitivity is beefed up a little. I want to be able to turn around without dieing.

The more I think about this the more I belive the Wiimote will not reach the same accuracy and speed as a mouse/keyb combo no matter what buttons they put on it.

Anyway the best would probably be to use the analog stick for scrolling and forward/backwards movement and then moving the screen would be controlled by holding a button while aiming, and releasing the button would hold the screen in place allowing for accurate aiming while still beeing able to sidescroll and move backwards/forward.

Back