Mr_Stoukaph

WiiChat Member
Jul 8, 2006
Washington
Wii Online Code
2509-0795-4188-6793
Here is some discouraging news from Kotaku.com about the Wii
Kotaku.com said:
When the official Nintendo Wii site was first discovered way back in the a.m., it apparently sported both WiFi and Virtual Console links, but someone at team Nintendo offloaded them from the Interweb before too many people got actual new information out of the site.

Reader Seanspace got a quick look and said the site promises that Nintendo's horrid Friend Code system will be making a big appearance on the Wii.

From the site:

"Nintendo has your online safety in mind. Thanks to our unique Friend Code system, you can control whom you play with online. Playing online is a great way to connect and reconnect people you want to play games with!"
Say it ain't so!

Wii
How sad:( Friend codes aren't fun and are very troublesome.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"takes a breath" NEVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERR!!! WHY NINTENDO WHY ! "sighs" i guess nintendo's online for the wii will suck santa's jingle balls

you have a friend code, your friend has a friend code, you cant play him online without having your friend's friend code. in other words, its not MMO. just people who exchange codes

This has been old news for a while now. Just because they say there are going to be friendcodes doesn't mean its going to be exactly the same as hte ds. Nintendo surely has to learn from its mistakes with the DS and make a simple verison of friendcodes with just one for each console instead of one for each game. You can still play online with people you don't know, but if you want to set up a private game, or chat with your friends you just need the friendcodes of your friends' consoles.

im hopeing that you can choose eather to enter friend codes (for if there is 1 spacific person you want to game with) or just get paired up automaticly.

Supermariomp3 said:
This has been old news for a while now. Just because they say there are going to be friendcodes doesn't mean its going to be exactly the same as hte ds. Nintendo surely has to learn from its mistakes with the DS and make a simple verison of friendcodes with just one for each console instead of one for each game. You can still play online with people you don't know, but if you want to set up a private game, or chat with your friends you just need the friendcodes of your friends' consoles.
o. I didn't see that post u put up supermariomp3. What you said makes more sense now. Anyway... yeah that would be a smart thing to do if nintendo does it.

I don't totally disagree with the current friend code system (for the safety) in some games (like Metroid, where there is actually communication amoungst players), but not in others (like MarioKart, where all you do is play the game). It could definitely use some improvement, though. Like having only one code per system, and a feature like most IM programs, where both codes don't need to be exchanged (one person enters a code and the other chooses to aprove or deny)

does it really matter it means at least you have some idea of who you're playing or if you want to play anybody you just go on the net and request everyone for their friend code

Yea its true that the freind codes will be used on wii but i just read in Gamepro's august issue that nintendo isn't offering an online systems similiar to xbox live. If the game you buy has online play, the online system is created by the company that also made the game. So each game has its own induvidual online system/server. Friend codes will probably be used as a way to connect with your freind in a private room (like an ip address) like supermariomp3 said.

hopefully there will be an option to have a default friend code you can input on your system that everyone can share if you don't care about the security:scared: and just want to play with strangers, or have a unique id if you want to make it more secure/exclude everyone but your party:rolleyes:.

Wait a minute

Ok You no Super Mario Kart DS? You can play with Random people AND use Friend codes as well So I am Shure The Wii will have something similar if ont better...:cool:

Oxywolf said:
Ok You no Super Mario Kart DS? You can play with Random people AND use Friend codes as well So I am Shure The Wii will have something similar if ont better...:cool:
i hope you are right. if you are, ill give you a cookie :D

Back