Frys Bundling the Wii

skittle531

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
Hi everyone.
I bought a Wii from Frys today but I had to buy the "bundle". I believe the bundle is Frys's selling tactics and not Nintendo. I had to buy the bundle because they did not sell the console by itself.
I know this is not illegal but can't there be something done about it? I read that in 2005 Bestbuy got in some type of trouble for bundling the XBox 360.
If anyone has any advice please let me know.
Thank you.

The bundle included a charging stand, the sports pack control (not actual controllers, you put these on the controller to play the sports game) and the mario sonic game. the total is $ 350 w/o tax. I checked their website and the bundle isn't listed on there.
Is it possible for me to return the other stuff without returning the console?

So they held you down and forced you to buy it?

if you bought all that stuff seperate it would cost ten dollars less if im not mistaken (sports pack is 9.99 i think, im not sure..

Well I doubt they will accept the items back as returns individually (depends on how they're itemized on receipt), but you can always just bring them to stores like Walmart or Meijer without a reciept and get store credit... not exactly your money back, but if there are games you want then that'll work.

Cant do this too much though because they start asking questions. I bought a Toys R Us bundle last year before Christmas to get my wii, and took all the bundled items and games to Walmart except one--a 200+ value. (gave me dirty looks but whatever. I did it on two separate occasions, but they keep records in comp systems.)

Back