full browser

I posted my Answers in Bold :) - I thought I'd shed my Thoughts!

steconway said:
here are some questions and answers on the final browser for wii.

1. So here's the big question; when will we be getting the full version of the browser to download on Wii? I hope for April too but bah, I'll be happy with June [More time to get it right]

2.The biggest problem (Which is still very small) to do with the Opera browser is that typing can be very slow (Especially for Novices). There was a rumor that keyboard drivers were a possibility. Does that stand? - Yes I can put money on a 3rd party Keyboard coming out 1 week before the Browser is set to release. Maybe an Official One. I DO know that some USB Keyboards already work [My Mates Does]

3. A question asked by many is if the "safe zone" (Black bar above screen) will still be there in the final version. Can you tell us anything about that? - I can't remember a Black bar for some reason :S So sorry I can't help you there

4. The browser has a very unique and natural sense of going online, with the exception of tabs. We noticed tabs were not on the Nintendo DS browser either. Is there a reason for why? - I really don't know. I know theres some sites for Tabbed Browsing but for some reason they don't support Web Messengers [When I log in I always get a Safely Hazzard sign - ONLY on Tab browsers though] - I hope for Tabbed Browsing

5. We know Flash 7 is used because it is the most offical version, but will Java be used in final version? - Im 90% sure thats a yeah

6. Will there be a wider variety of viewing media in the final version, or is Flash the limit? - Well Youtube works so thats fine by me.... What other sites were you thinking?

7. Our last question is will there be any updates to the browser after this version, or is this it? - Obviously with more Flash Updates comes more Updates for us. Other than that maybe Skins? I dunno Im sure they will take full advantage of the Update system though

nintendo said it would be the end of march/begining of april but by this time they should have given us an official release date.

I use the browser, because my monitor is awful and my tv is pretty big, and its nice to watch internet tv in bed :D

so.. i've been off the boards for sometime now... it was my own decision... I came on here looking to just check in on the latest wii news and rumors...

i'm going to get greif for this but honestly...

I look even just at this thread and this whole thing is pointless. I thought maybe there may be some intelligent ideas/rumors about the net channel (that EVERYONE already knows is coming out real soon here) but all that i see is the same idiotic posts. "i wish they had a keyboard" then another doosh "they have usb ones but i dont know if they work for the wii". OMG you morons we've (this forum community) have already discussed that there should be a keyboard available, and this was back when the opera trial was first released. If all you fellow members would just take time to think up a NEW and INTELLIGABLE thing to post on these boards it'd be a lot more enjoyable. I'm tired of seeing all you people post the same crap over and over. At first i thought it was funny... but now I just realize that half this forum is just crap resaid over and OVER. Grow some brains guys, talk about something new for once. And if someone says "i wish they had a keyboard", you shure as hell better not turn and say " yeah i wish there was a keyboard" in the same thread only 2 posts later... whats the point? Quit taking up board space. It drowns out the good *worth while* posts.

Ok there you have it, now yall can bash me all you want. But for those that have been around on here for even a day reading different posts, you'll know what I say is true.
So go ahead take your cheap shots, but you all need to do some thinking next time before you let your fingers start keying away the same old bs.

Last edited:
Back