game read error

cravenkay

WiiChat Member
Nov 17, 2009
i bought SMG from newegg.com about 2 years ago and my kid loves the game. we played for maybe 2-3 months then 1 day i did a wii update and it stopped working just this game only my other wii games work fine. i never bothered to get the problem fix it just wasnt on top of my to do list but today about 2 years later lol i called WII about the problem and their solution is to send the game in pay $35 and they will fix the problem or send me a replacement game.

heck for $35 i could go out and buy a new SMG at gamestop and not deal with the 2 week wait. I realize it was my problem waiting so long but maybe someone here knows the issue can has a fix?

if not my only last option is to sell SMG. perhaps my update did something weird to my console but i know the game is fine it does not have any scratches and it is definitely not a bootleg i bought it from newegg.

Do you get that message every time you play? Does it happen with other games? I had a similar issue a while ago where my Wii was unable to read discs anymore and when I tried it would say something like "An error has occured. Please eject the disc and turn off the power and read the instruction manual for troubleshooting." and I ended up having to send the Wii in for repair. It seems like a somewhat common problem as I've seen many others experiencing the same kind of issue. Hopefully that isn't the case and you can just replace the game.

me too...
before i got an update the melee stages (in brawl)
worked fine. then after they stopped working.
every time i press a melee stage(s) beside hyrule temple the game freezes. :(
SO, ANYBODY WHO FACES ME, DONT PICK MELEE STAGES BESIDES TEMPLE!!!!

Do you get that message every time you play? Does it happen with other games? I had a similar issue a while ago where my Wii was unable to read discs anymore and when I tried it would say something like "An error has occured. Please eject the disc and turn off the power and read the instruction manual for troubleshooting." and I ended up having to send the Wii in for repair. It seems like a somewhat common problem as I've seen many others experiencing the same kind of issue. Hopefully that isn't the case and you can just replace the game.

all my other games work fine i have maybe 10+ games. the only problem is my super mario galaxy and this problem happened right after my first wii update back over 1.5 years ago.
the game loads up and the wii shows smg but when i go to hit start game i get the game read error and it tells me to read the manual.

Back